It’s not easy, I know. No one prepared us for this. No one said when it would be over.
We are left all on our own, without knowing what the future holds or where this strange journey will take us. There is a sense of powerlessness, a feeling that no matter what we do, we cannot gain back our power and take control of our ship. That life is no longer what it used to be and that there is a new “normal”. It almost feels as though the world as we know it is slowly coming to an end…
Living these days has been a great challenge for us all. So, if you feel the same way, I am with you. I want you to know that it’s okay. It’s fine to feel the way you do. What you are going through right now is normal. It is your own way of dealing with all of this chaos happening right now.
So, know that you don’t have to pretend that you are okay. Allow yourself to feel whatever it is that you are feeling, give yourself a break, take some time off…Just please, whatever you choose to do, please be careful how you treat those who love you.
You have to find a way to survive this storm without hurting them…
Here are 7 simple self-help methods that will help you grow through what you go through:
1. Stop what you are doing and just breathe. Breathe in and breathe out. Allow your mind to get synchronized with your body. Reconnect with your lost self and stay in that moment. Try to preserve that feeling right there. Let the serenity you in and guide you on your journey.
2. Identify your emotions and accept them as a part of you. Don’t deny yourself the need to feel angry. Or sad. Or whatever it is that you are feeling right now. But don’t deny the feelings of your loved one either. It’s okay to not be okay. Especially now. So, accept those emotions and let them flow through you freely.
3. Give yourself a break from reality. Both mentally and physically. Remove yourself from any situation that is making you feel unworthy. Take a walk or go for a bike ride or simply go to another room where you can be alone with yourself for a while. Give yourself some time to decompress on your own. You deserve it.
4. Remember that love has nothing to do with anger. You can love someone and still be angry with them sometimes. Your partner may be your soulmate, but that doesn’t mean you cannot have disagreement and conflicts. After all, we are all human beings, prone to making mistakes and acting on our feelings. We can be irrational, be we also know forgiveness.
5. But still, be patient. Learn to be more compassionate towards yourself and other people. Understand that no one is perfect. And that no matter how much you seek perfection, you will never be able to find it. We all have our flaws and we all make mistakes. It’s humane to forgive and understand. It’s the least we can do. So, do that. Be patient both with yourself and with them. These are tough times. Let us not make them any tougher than they are.
6. Accept the fact that life has its ups and downs and it cannot always be as dreamy as we want it to be. Even if you are in complete darkness and cannot see the bright side right now. After every storm, the sun always shines. Someday, soon enough, you will find your way back. You just have to believe it.
7. Be grateful for everything that you have. Even in the midst of chaos and despair, learn to see the blessings. Learn to express gratitude even for the smallest of things that you’ve taken for granted for so long. Gratitude is the eternal light that will always guide you no matter what. The powerful force that turns what you have into more than enough. The key to fulfillment and happiness. Count your blessings. Be thankful for everything that life has given you. In the end, you are alive and you have people who love you endlessly.
Is there anything more important than that?