Right now, we are stuck at home and there’s nothing we can do about it. We can’t travel, we can’t go out, we can’t go for a coffee at our favorite café, we can’t see our friends, we can’t even see our family. Things are pretty bad, there’s no doubt.
But that doesn’t mean that we have to put life on hold now, does it? Especially not romance.
If you are already annoyed with your partner, you are not alone. And if you feel like you are going out of your mind, know that, well, we all feel the same. But the trick is in making the best of it.
Here are 7 stay-at-home date night ideas that you can try with your partner:
1. Have a romantic dinner. Explore new recipes, pick one and cook for your partner. Or better yet, cook together. Light the candles, play your favorite music, decorate the table and have a romantic, candlelit dinner. I promise you, dinner will never again be boring for you two.
2. Host a dance party. I mean it. Pick a night, dress up (the same way you would for a night out), put on your dancing shoes and hit the floor. Sing like there’s no tomorrow. Dance like nobody is watching you, because well, nobody is watching you.
3. Travel the world, but virtually. What was the next travel destination that you wanted to check before the world officially gone mad? Was it Italy? Was it Iceland? Or perhaps Norway? You can’t get in a car or a plane, but that doesn’t stop you from taking a virtual tour of the world. Google is your friend. Visit him.
4. Watch your favorite concert, show or move online. Get your favorite snacks and drinks, cozy up and enjoy your quarantine to the fullest. You can now watch a Broadway show for free, you can even tune in and watch daily artistic performances in The MET. Everything you need is online. Sign in and enjoy the ride.
5. Make your favorite drinks and just enjoy the night talking. Get your favorite wine, whiskey, beer, scotch, gin or whatever you prefer and make a night of it. You don’t need to be out in a bar to have fun. Pour your drinks and enjoy your evening together. Do art, play a game, watch a movie, dance until your legs hurt, make love… The list is endless. And it includes whatever your heart desires.
6. Exercise together. You can’t escape cooking, eating and drinking these days. But that doesn’t mean that you should forget about your healthy habits. You can drink and cook as long as you maintain a healthy balance. One of the best ways to do that is to stay active inside your house. Oh, come on. Like you can’t do that. All you need is your will. And mutual support. Nothing else.
7. Have a spa night. Treat yourself. You deserve it. Put on some face masks. Draw a bubble bath. Give yourself some long, relaxing massages. Make a night of it. You have all the time in the world right now. Nothing is stopping you from having fun.