How silly we are for wasting our seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, years on things that we have no control over… How silly we are for forgetting how trivial our everyday issues are compared to the bigger picture…How silly we are for spending life obsessing about what we’ve done wrong instead of focusing on what we can do at this very moment…
Life is too damn short, friends. It’s too short for drama. Too short for stress. Too short for negativity. Too short for toxicity. Too short for sadness. Too short for pain. Too short for suffering…Why do we keep forgetting that?
Here are 10 universal truths that I believe we should all write down on a piece of paper and read them out loud every single day for the rest of our lives:
1. You cannot control everything. No matter how much you try to stay on top of things, you, my friend, are not powerful to control every aspect of your life. And that’s perfectly fine. You shouldn’t. So, let go already. If you can change something, stop obsessing over it.
2. Toxic people don’t deserve to be a part of your life. They should not be allowed in your life. Walking away from people who bring out the worst is the best thing that you can do for yourself. The sooner you realize this, the better off you’ll be.
3. Perfection doesn’t exist. Nothing in this Universe is perfect, especially not humans. Hello. We’ve been born flawed. We’re meant to be imperfect. Because guess why? Ever since we were little kids, life has taught us that it is our actions that define our lives. So, yes we make mistakes, but that’s how we learn the greatest lessons in life…
4. Change is the only constant in life. And whether you like it or not, change is coming for you. You cannot do anything to avoid it. So, lie back, put your seatbelt on and just enjoy the ride. The more you fight it, the more difficult your life will get.
5. Money has nothing to do with happiness. Hey, I get it. Money can definitely solve a lot of problems in your life. Plus, I agree… I’d rather cry in a jet plane to the Maldives than at home. But what most of you don’t understand is that while having money certainly means that you can afford almost everything, it doesn’t buy your happiness. Bad news guys… Money will only give you the material world that you desperately think you need. Nothing else.
6. Without failure, there can be no success. Do you seriously think that the world’s most brilliant and most successful people achieved everything by doing nothing? Behind each and every one of them, there are at least a few unsuccessful years. But did they give up? No, my friend. They failed, they got up and moved on. After all, no pain, no gain, right? Don’t ever forget that.
7. Expectations will destroy your life. So, for the love of God, just please stop wasting your precious energy expecting things to just fall down from the sky. Get up, start doing something useful about it. And if you don’t feel like you have control over those things, then just let them go. Let life flow and enjoy.
8. Being busy has nothing to do with being productive. You are mistaken if you think that overworking yourself until you burnout is being productive. Being constantly busy and getting lost in your daily chores will only rob you of your strength and will to work. Learn to work smarter, not harder.
9. Pain makes us stronger. Trust me on this… What doesn’t kill you, gives you the strength to keep moving on in life. It opens your eyes to things, makes you more aware of how grateful you should be and gives you the courage to do even the impossible.
10. Worrying is a waste of time and energy. It doesn’t change a thing about a certain situation. It doesn’t solve your problems and it doesn’t make you happy. If anything, it only increases your stress and takes away your strength to find a solution to your problems. Worrying is dwelling on the past and predicting the future instead of simply focusing on the magic that the present moment holds.