Wake up! You will never be able to satisfy people’s needs, no matter how much you try. That is something you should have learned by now.
So, why do you feel like you have to force yourself to do something for someone in order for them to like you? Why do you feel like you need to live up to the expectations that people have set for you?
Being considerate of other people’s needs and wanting to do right by someone is a noble quality, but it doesn’t mean that you should neglect yourself in the process.
If you feel like you are losing yourself desperately trying to fit into someone’ s mold, it’s time to change that. How about you stop wasting your energy trying to make everyone happy and focus on yourself instead?
You don’t owe anyone anything. So start acting that way!
1. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your life. It really doesn’t matter what kind of living situation we’re talking about. All I know is that whatever you go through in life, it’s your own damn life. In other words, you don’t owe an explanation for it to the people around you. They can like it, dislike it, love it, hate it… In the end, you are the one who makes the decision to live it that way.
2. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your life priorities. Want to open a gift shop? Want to quit work and start freelancing? Want to learn Mandarin? Whatever you want to feel like doing, you do it. And don’t waste even a minute obsessing over what others have to say about it. It’s your life!
3. You don’t owe anyone an apology if you don’t feel sorry. I don’t care how rude and disrespectful this may sound, but if you don’t feel like you’ve done a mistake and you don’t think you should say I’m sorry, then don’t. Again, you cannot satisfy every person’s needs, so why bother trying? If you don’t regret your actions, you don’t owe anyone an apology.
4. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your love choices. What happens between you and your partner/s doesn’t concern others. And it is definitely not something that you should feel that you have to explain to others. We all need different things from life. But that doesn’t make our choices right or wrong. It just makes them DIFFERENT.
5. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your beliefs. Hold onto the values that you chose for yourself and don’t be bothered by what people have to do or say about that. Your life, your choices, your personal beliefs.
6. You don’t owe anyone a yes to everything they ask from you. This goes without saying. I mean come on… I know it can be quite uncomfortable and in some cases even difficult to say NO, but if you cannot imagine doing the thing that you so intensely dislike then it seems to me that you should listen to your gut. I don’t care what it is, you just don’t say YES to everything people ask of you. Know your limits and don’t be afraid to make people aware of them.
7. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for the way you look. You are fat, thin, ugly, weird, short, tall, brown, yellow, white, dark. Three words. You are different. So what? How is that offensive to someone? I don’t see anything wrong with being who you really are. Stop explaining yourself to people about your physical appearance. Own up to it!