This morning, I woke up feeling blessed.
I opened my eyes in a warm, cozy bed. I was served breakfast in bed. The sun outside was shining. The birds were chirping. I had a long phone conversation with my mom. I had a nice coffee date with my hubby on the balcony. We made a delicious lunch. We laughed. We talked. We hugged. We sang.
And to tell you the truth, I don’t remember the last time I’ve felt so good about slowing down and enjoying life in the real sense of the word…
This morning I felt what it’s like to be alive… To breathe in life. To notice the world around me. To enjoy the little things. To slow down and observe time passing by. To be here in the present moment, both physically and mentally.
And for that, I am truly thankful…
1. I am thankful for the people in my life. For my parents, for my brother and sister, for my amazing husband, for all of my friends and family. I don’t know where I’d be if it weren’t for you guys. I hope you know just how much I love you and how much I cherish your presence in my life.
2. I am thankful for the food and water that we have. I am thankful for having pure water and nice food to eat. I am thankful for having my fridge full of food. I am thankful for being financially capable to allow myself to live the life that I truly want to. I am thankful for all the fresh fruits and vegetables that people are producing and making it available for us.
3. I am thankful for having a roof over my head. For having shelter from this world. I am thankful for having a house. I am thankful for sharing it with the love of my life, my dearest husband. I am thankful for having a bed to sleep, for having electricity, for having a TV, for having a stove, for having the privacy to do whatever I want.
4. I am thankful for the little things in life. For everything that I’ve been taking for granted for too long. I am thankful for the clothes on me, for the delicious meal that I had, for the book I read this morning, for the hot shower who instantly lifted me up, for the flowers in my yard, for the most comfortable chairs on my balcony, for the new plant app that I just downloaded on my phone.
5. I am thankful for the sun shining down on me. I am thankful for my health. I am thankful for all this happiness in my life. I am thankful for the strength that I’ve always had when it came to handling life’s challenges. But most of all, I am thankful for all the lessons that life has given me. Without them, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. I probably wouldn’t even appreciate things the way I do now…