We are living in an era where we have so much variety to choose from and yet we constantly ask for more. As if owning all of those things and having all of these opportunities isn’t enough. It’s weird, but being surrounded with so many possibilities hasn’t made us grateful for them, but on the contrary, it has blinded us and forced us to forget just how blessed we truly are.
So, I believe it’s time to change that. I believe it’s time to open our eyes.
Gratitude is everything. It is a powerful force that transforms everything into abundance. A source of joy that anyone can tap into if they only stopped for a second and started paying more attention to all the beauty around them.
So, let us be grateful. For gratitude changes everything.
Here are 7 ways to start appreciating everything you have:
1. Acknowledge the power of the present moment. This is it. This is the moment that you’ve been waiting for. The present moment is what you need to focus on. Nothing else. Trust me. You need to accept the fact that the time spent on regretting your past mistakes and worrying about the future is wasted time. You cannot bring back time and you cannot foresee the future. You are right here and right now. And that is all that matters.
2. Make gratitude a part of your everyday life. Start today. Write down three things that you are grateful for right now. Write them down no matter how trivial they seem to be. For example, if you ask me, this morning I woke up grateful for my partner, our wonderful apartment that we got for ourselves and the delicious lunch we cooked together.
3. Smile more. Even when it feels like there’s nothing to be happy about. And if you don’t feel like smiling, just try to find the positive aspect in every negative situation. Look for those silver linings. Never ever give up on your hopes. For there is always something beautiful outside. You just have to look carefully.
4. Reconnect with your inner self. Take a step back, isolate yourself, and ask yourself some important questions. No, this is not crazy. It is something you must to if you want to improve yourself as a human being and find the happiness that you’ve been searching for your entire life. Talk to yourself more often. That’s how you will figure what matters in life. It is you who makes the choices, no one else.
5. Release yourself from all the toxicity in your life. It’s not easy to do it overnight. You need to give yourself time to reflect on everything that you’ve been going through in order to decide. So, do it. Give yourself the time that you need and release yourself from everything and everyone that has been draining you both mentally and emotionally. Forgive those who hurt you and cut them off your life, accept your flaws and shortcomings, make peace with who you really are, identify your feelings, and move on.
6. Stop comparing yourself to everyone else. Always remember. Just because someone has more opportunities in life, that doesn’t mean that they are better than you. It just means that their road is completely different than yours and that’s okay. We all have unique journeys in life. Instead of worrying if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, be grateful that you have grass at all.
7. Embrace your self and be brave to stay true to who you are. Stay true to everything you believe in, everything that makes your heart smile, everything that gives you a reason to wake up in the morning and carry on. Be grateful for who you truly are. And don’t ever let anyone convince you that you are not enough. You are everything you were always supposed to be.