Mothers. They are our shelters. Our guardian angels. Our teachers. Our friends. Our biggest love. Our whole worlds. Our blessings. They are the reason we exist, live and breathe. They are the most important human beings in our lives.
Still, most of the time we take them for granted. We forget how much they’ve actually done for us and how much they are capable of doing for us. We forget that they are the only people in our lives that will always love us, no matter what we do.
So, this goes out to them.
Dear mom, if you are reading this…
1. Forgiving birth to me. Thank you for bringing me into this world and giving me the chance to create a life that I want. Thank you for doing everything to help me grow and excel in life.
2. For raising me into the person that I am today. Thank you for all the lessons that you’ve taught me and all the sacrifices that you’ve made for me. Thank you for showing me what honesty, loyalty, commitment, and real love mean. Thank you for giving me the space to be who I need to be.
3. For being my greatest superhero and trying hard to provide me with everything that I need to have a happy childhood. Thank you for always creating something out of nothing. Thank you for doing your best to make me happy.
4. For all those times when I called you late at night and scared the hell out of you. For always being my problem solver and loyal counselor, for listening to my drama, and for putting up with my insufferable behavior. Thank you for tolerating me when I didn’t deserve it.
5. For always being there to help me find my mysteriously lost T-shirt, for giving me a ride when I am in a big hurry and never telling Dad how late(early) I actually came home from parties as a kid. Thank you for sticking with me through thick and thin.
6. For forgiving me when I forget to call you or come to see you. Thank you for not being mad at me for lashing out on you for no reason or not talking to you for a whole day. Thank you for all the patience and love that you’ve given me in moments like those. I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve you.
7. For all those amazing and delicious home-cooked meals that no matter how much I try, I can never get them right. Thank you for taking the time to gather us all for a lovely dinner, at least once a week.
8. For giving birth to my siblings; my amazing brother and sister. I honestly don’t know how I’d make it in this world without them by my side. Thank you for always being there for us.
9.For bending over backward to wake us up, make us breakfast, take us to school, pick us up from practices, make lunch for us, tuck us into bed, play with us, listen to our nonsense, put up with our shenanigans, stay sane in a full house with 3 spoilt kids. Thank you for your perseverance.
10.For doing your best even when everything was too difficult for all of us. Thank you for staying strong for us when we couldn’t. Thank you for being that magical glue that always kept everything together. Thank you for proving to me that some people can really do it all. Thank you for being the most incredible role model in my life.
This is not even half of what I have to say to you…
I hope you know that I love you more than words can say.
Thank you for being you.