I know people who refuse to walk away from their toxic relationships because they fear to be alone. They just don’t want to be single again. So, they choose to suffer for the rest of their lives rather than enjoy their freedom. They choose to live a life of regrets.
So, this goes out to them… to all of you who are afraid of ending up alone.
Being single is not a bad thing. It is not a curse. And it shouldn’t feel like a failure.
Being single is the most important part of your life.
Here are 7 lessons that life teaches you when you embrace single life:
1. There is absolutely no point in settling. Life is too short if you ask me. Months fly by in the blink of an eye. Hours feel like minutes. And to be honest, there is no bigger truth than the one that we should always focus on the present moment. Life is too precious and too short to be doing the shoulds. This is one of the most important that singlehood teaches you.
2. Being alone is better than being stuck with the wrong crowd. I cannot stress this enough. Everything is better than being in a toxic and destructive relationship. Even getting your heart broken to pieces is better than being tortured by a toxic partner. There is nothing more important than your own wellbeing.
3. You are all that you really need, as selfish as that sounds. And let’s be honest…You are the only person that you can truly rely on. You are born alone and you die alone. No matter how many people you are surrounded with in your life, in the end you are always alone. And guess what? You don’t need another person to do the things your heart desire. You are the only creator of your journey. Make it worth your while.
4. No relationship or person will ever make you feel happy if you aren’t happy on your own. As I said… You cannot hate yourself and expect to find a partner who will love you. The connection that you have with yourself is the strongest and most powerful one. And people feel it. They can sense it. You attract exactly what you are.
5. Being single does feel lonely at times. I won’t lie. Being single is truly one of the most important experiences in your life. But there are times when it becomes too much… There are times when it gets lonely. Don’t get me wrong. Being independent and free to do whatever you want, having time for your friends and family is nice, but life is nothing without a little romance. And I think you’d all agree that it is the only thing that keeps us alive.
6. Finding the right person takes time. It is something that shouldn’t be rushed and compromised. The more time you have for yourself, the more you learn to take care of yourself. Single life is a period of your life when you finally realize what you need in life and what it is that you look for in people. It is an opportunity to find yourself and understand your needs better.
7. You should always be on top of your priority list. No matter what you do, no matter where you are in life, you should always put yourself before everyone else. It is not selfish. It is the most important thing you can do for yourself.