What makes a human being attractive?
To me, it has always been more than just a nice body, a good posture, a pretty face, and a fashion sense. I am someone who has never judged people based on how they look. The only thing that ever mattered to me is how they made me feel.
So, while most people like to believe that at the end of the day, good looks are really important, I’d like to disagree and say, NO. You can fall in love with a pretty face or a rocking body, but it is their traits and their way of life that makes you want to keep that person next to you or leave them.
Here are 8 simple, wonderful habits that make us more attractive, but have nothing to do with the way we look:
1. Living in the moment. To be here in this present moment means to live without having any regrets of the past or any expectations for the future. It means having your attention, thoughts, energy, feelings and focus centered on one thing – The present moment.
2. Taking care of our friendships in life. There is nothing more fulfilling in life than having the real people around us. Our family, our friends, our loved ones make our lives happier. They are the reason we keep moving on, fighting for the things that make our hearts smile. And you know how it goes… The most beautiful human beings are the ones who have the kindest hearts.
3. Enjoying the simple things in life. It’s the biggest cliché in the book, but also the biggest truth out there. A humble person will always stop to smell the flowers or look at the sunset. A simple person who is content with what they have in life won’t need a fortune in order to be happy.
4. Learning, forgiving and moving on. Mistakes will always happen. Failures and disappointments are inevitable parts of life. How we choose to handle them dictates our character. We attract who we are. Being attractive is not about having good looks, but having a beautiful soul.
5. Being aware of our self-worth. Still, it is not enough to simply know our self-worth. What’s more important is to enforce it and acknowledge it. To make it your main guidance in life. To make it the light that shows you the way in the darkness. Looks are fine, but they are nothing compared to self-confidence and a strong attitude.
6. Accepting ourselves with all of our flaws and imperfections. This goes hand in hand with the previous one. The only way for a person to gain self-confidence and feel comfortable in their own skin is to first accept themselves with all of their flaws and imperfections.
7. Always being active. Working out. Running. Cycling. Hiking. Doing yoga. Dancing. These are just some of the common physical activities that are beneficial for our health. People who stay active are people who know how to take care of their bodies and minds. They are people who have real goals and put their best efforts to achieve them. No other character in a person could ever top that. Being aware of your own health and doing your best to maintain it is a mark of a mature and confident person.
8.Knowing when to stop and rest. It’s not rocket science. It is pretty simple. A healthy person is a happy person. And a happy person attracts more love and positivity in life. They work hard on themselves, but they also know how important it is to take care of their own physical and mental wellbeing. There is nothing more attractive in a person than self-love and self-care.