You can’t just throw two people that like each other in a room and expect them to build a connection overnight. Love takes time. It requires honest efforts, hard work, commitment, and sometimes even making sacrifices. And even with all that, you still cannot expect a fairytale unless you put yourself out there.
You have to constantly be there for each other, invest in the future together, and be willing to fight everything that stands in your way. You have to be strong and determined to survive the downs, so you can enjoy the ups. You have to be ready to overcome the hardships, so you enjoy the fruits of it. It sounds simple, but it is one of the most challenging things you’ll have to do in your life.
Below are some of the most important qualities that every strong and loving relationship has. Keep on reading to check how strong your connection with your partner is…
1. You accept each other’s flaws and respect each other’s differences. Because there is nothing more important than embracing your loved ones the way they are. That’s the mark of pure, honest love.
2. You feel comfortable sharing every dream, hope, fear, and emotion with them. You know you are safe with them. After all, they are made of the same stardust that your soul is made of.
3. You’ve been through a lot of ups and downs and yet, you are still standing strong. Because you’ve always fought together. Your love is the only thing that has given you strength in those difficult times.
4. You feel like you can really be yourself with them. Your, true, honest, imperfect, pure, flawed, goofy, at times even awkward self. That is you. The person they’ve fallen in love with.
5. You are always there for each other. To listen to each other’s struggles. To acknowledge your feelings. To comfort one another when life strikes hard and protect yourself from everyone that wishes to harm you.
6. You support each other unconditionally and together you grow even stronger. Because you believe in one another. You know how determined you both are when it comes to the things that light your heart on fire.
7. Your love is based on your sincere friendship. The purest and most wonderful connection of them all.
8. You know how important intimacy is. You know what it takes to always keep that fire burning. After all, that’s what got you going all these years.
9. You are on the same page about your future. When you think about where you see yourself in the next 5, 10 or 15 years, you imagine yourself living in a cute, country house, surrounded by your children and your loved ones. You share and live the same dream.
10. You are kind and forgiving to one another. We all make mistakes. To forgive means to set yourself free.
11. You take care of each other because you are a team. You are life companions. And there is nothing that can break you apart. Ever.
12. You trust one another completely. You are both aware of your loyalty and commitment to one another and therefore you are absolutely comfortable when it comes to trust. That’s because you are both headed in the same direction.
13. You have great communication. You rarely argue, mostly because you prefer to always work things out through open and heartfelt conversation.
14. You are always honest and open with each other. There are no secrets between the two of you. You are not afraid to be vulnerable in front of your partner because you know that they would never take advantage of you.
15. You know how to have fun even after so many years in a relationship. You enjoy spending quality time. No amount of time you spent together could ever change the way you feel about each other.