1. They accept and love themselves with all their flaws. Strong and confident people spend a lot of time on self-contemplation, reflection on their life experiences, and self-work which is why they are perfectly aware of who they truly are. They are not afraid or embarrassed to reveal their weaknesses and dark sides the same way they reveal their strengths. No judgment, no hateful comment, or external disapproval could ever make them doubt themselves or undermine their self-esteem. Don’t get me wrong, they are not sinless, they are simply aware of who they are, no matter how imperfect, different, wrong or flawed they are.
2. They know that happiness can be found only within them. People with high confidence are always happy. They attract happiness. Their lives are long and joyous. Do you know why? Well, their secret is simple. They never expect others to make them happy. They never wait for others to give them what they need. Instead, they seek their happiness inside them. And as it is within them, so it is outside of them.
3. They are grateful for everything that life faces them with. Even the hardships. Even the thunderstorms. Whatever life gives them, they are happy to accept it but also learn from it. Strong and confident people were never born that way. They simply chose to lead a different kind of life. A life of acceptance. A life of self-awareness. A simplified life. A life of joy.
4. They encourage and applaud other people. One of the things that make them the best people to be around is the fact that they could never ever put down another human being. Most people mistake their confidence for arrogance, but those who do that are usually weak and insecure people that are not satisfied with their lives. Strong and confident people don’t look down on others. Quite on the contrary, they encourage and applaud others. They are completely aware of their strengths and values and the only thing that concerns them is their own journey. That is why they would never feel threatened by someone’s success or jealous of someone’s life.
5. They are not afraid to take risks, even if that means going through a big change in life. And losing something along the way. It’s who they are. It’s how they function. It is what they need in life. Taking risks is the force that moves them, drives them forward, and helps them grow. Being ambitious and determined to go after what their heart desires is what keeps them alive. To them, movement is life, and change is growth.
6. They like to do anything on their own. But they are not afraid to ask for help either. There is no shame in admitting your weaknesses, only in pretending to be strong. Strong people are the same as everyone else. In the end, they are nothing more than living, breathing human beings. They have the same beating heart between their chests. They have warm blood running through their veins. Their soul carries so many dreams, hopes, fears, opinions, and insecurities. The only difference between them and everyone else is their choices in life. Their choice to stand up for themselves and live life according to their rules. That doesn’t make them almighty. They still need help when life hits hard and admitting that is what makes them special.
7. They are not afraid of making mistakes and failing in life. People with great mental and emotional strength are not afraid to fail. They are not afraid to make a mistake. For they know that it is exactly their setbacks that will eventually lead them to success. Uncertainty doesn’t scare them; it helps them grow and move forward by challenging them.