Being compassionate and considerate of other people’s feelings are truly inspiring and admirable traits. Having in mind how cruel and brutal this world nowadays is, it is a relief knowing that there are people who not only care for other human beings but would also do anything to help those in need.
These people are really rare. I mean, really rare.
Sadly, most of these beautiful souls don’t realize that there are people out there who would do anything to take advantage of their kindness and use them for their own benefit without even thinking twice.
If you are someone who can relate to this, keep on reading.
There is nothing wrong with being nice to people. It is when others disrespect your boundaries that the problems arise. That is why you should never ever be afraid to say NO when you feel like it. Your life and your wellbeing depend on yourself only.
1. Your needs are first on your priority list. It is a truly noble thing to be there for others and help them out when they are in need of support, but don’t you think that being there for others should be right below taking care of yourself? Spending all of your time trying to make others happy will do nothing but force you to put yourself aside and put other people’s needs before your own.
2. You should always speak your mind, no matter how different your opinions are. Most people tend to keep their opinion to themselves. The reason for it? They want to be accepted by others. They want to be told they are loved and appreciated. They are desperate to fit in the crowd. And that’s how they make the biggest mistake of their lives. They choose to stay silent for the sake of being accepted. Well, I say no to that. No to losing your identity. No to pretending to be someone else. Being nice to people is one thing, but forcing yourself to be okay with things out of fear that you’ll be judged is madness. There is nothing more beautiful than being exactly who you are, regardless of how many people like you.
3. Saying NO is not a wrong thing to do as long as it makes you feel good. You don’t have to agree with others if you don’t share the same opinion. You don’t have to say YES to doing things that you don’t want to do. You have the right to do whatever the hell you want, no matter others feel about that. Life is too short to spend it worrying whether your refusal hurts others or makes them hate you. You do you.
4. Confronting people who disrespect you is not rude, it is called self-care. When someone attacks you, the least you can do is protect yourself. How you do that is entirely up to yourself. If you feel like confronting those who hurt you, do it. Do it without giving a damn how much they’ll hate your guts. Do it without being afraid of their response. Do it because you matter and you owe it to yourself to finally stand up for your freedom and speak your mind!
5. You deserve your peace. Last, but never the least, you have to understand that you, my darling, deserve to be happy. You deserve to wake up in the morning knowing that you don’t have to spend your day pretending to be okay with everything and everyone. You deserve to live a life by your own rules. You deserve to have nice things. You deserve to find more time for you. Put simply, you deserve to have peace. So let yourself find it and hold on tight to it.