Life is difficult. That’s a fact. Unfortunately, it’s even more difficult to accept that fact and live with it.
However, that is an inevitable part of life. The truth is, we all learn. How we do it, is entirely up to us. Sooner or later, we all get it. Our lessons are either learned by choice or through our mistakes.
So, even though everyone says that it is always better to learn from your mistakes, it is my belief that you shouldn’t always fall down in order to learn something. Sometimes you can do it by accepting the bitter truth.
That is why I made a list. Here are 17 brutal truths that each and every one of us must know:
1. One day, you will die. You think you are invincible, but you aren’t. You think you have time, but you don’t. Stop wasting your minutes on things that don’t help you grow.
2. And so will everyone you know and love. Tomorrow might not come for all of us. Hug the people you love and let them know how happy you are to have them in your life.
3. Money won’t buy you happiness. Possessions won’t make your smile wider. The only place you will find your happiness is within. NEVER forget that.
4. Chasing after your happiness will not help you find it. Living in the future and telling yourself that you will be happy once you buy something/go somewhere/ meet someone will destroy your life. The future hasn’t happened yet. Live in the moment.
5. You will never be powerful enough to make everyone happy. You do you and don’t worry about what people think about you.
6. Perfection is an illusion. Beating yourself up for because of your imperfections and hating your flaws will make you old before your time. Accept it, perfection is an illusion. Don’t waste another second trying to be anything else but your true self.
7. Feelings are not everything you should care about. Your actions say more about who you are as a person.
8. You are the only person who is responsible for yourself. Don’t let anyone take control over your life. Don’t rely on anyone to take you out on the right path. Go out and live your life.
9. None of those things that you worried about will matter when you are gone. I hope you realize that soon enough.
10. Talents fade away unless you nurture them. If you have a talent and you want to succeed in life, it is your job to work on yourself and nurture it.
11. The only thing you have is this present moment. The past is long gone, and the future has yet to come. Focus on THE now.
12.No one really cares how difficult your life is. Everyone is busy fighting their own battle. Stop complaining and start doing something about your problems.
13. Sharing your knowledge with people won’t make you less smart. If you know something that could help others, don’t hesitate to share your wisdom. Doing that won’t take away your knowledge.
14. Invest in yourself. If there is something that you want to do in your life, just do it.
15. The only thing that you have control over is your attitude. Your response to life is everything.
16. Time is the most valuable thing in your life. You will never have enough of it in your life. Use it wisely.
17. Dreams don’t work unless you do. Ambition is useless if you don’t take action and make your ideas a reality.