Life is hard folks. I know that. You know that. We all know that. We’ve all been through that struggle. What’s even worse… it does not come with an instruction manual.
It just happens randomly. It flows right before our eyes and eventually, it passes. And then one day we wake up from our long dream and realize that we have missed our entire life. We open our eyes and we find out that we have never lived, we have merely survived the journey.
That’s the sad reality for most people. However, in order to prevent that from happening, I would like to share some wisdom that will make you uncomfortable, but in the long run, will make you a stronger person.
Here are 13 painful truths about life that will pull you out of your comfort zone and help you find your happiness:
1. You will get disappointed by the people you love. We’ve all had our hearts broken. That is why you need to take care of your wellbeing, guard your heart, stop putting too much expectations on others and wait for someone whose soul will match yours.
2. Failures are inevitable. They are a part of the process. They are the stepping stones that lead us to our success. You shouldn’t be afraid of them.
3. You cannot say that you truly love someone if you haven’t opened your soul to them. Falling in love requires being brave enough to share your heart with someone else and show them that you are vulnerable. Loving someone means allowing them to see the real, naked you. It means being afraid of getting hurt but doing it anyway.
4. You have to let go off certain things if you want to grow.
5. You don’t need to fit in. You don’t have to agree with everyone. You don’t have to be the person that this society is telling you to be. It takes courage and determination and a pure heart to go against the mainstream in life, but once you release yourself from that cage, you will find true happiness. After all, you know how the saying goes. Only dead fish go with the flow.
6. Life will never go the way you planned. Instead of making plans, focus both your energy and your strength on making long-term goals. Don’t let the sudden changes shake you and break you. Follow your dreams.
7. The good news is: Nothing in life is temporary. The bad news, on the other hand… Noting in life is temporary. The only thing that you can do is appreciate everything that this universe throws at you, take a deep breath and enjoy every moment like it’s your last.
8. Let’s face it. We are all confused. We are all terrified. No matter how confident and positive we may seem, we all have our own insecurities and our demons that are haunting us at night. Stop comparing your life to other people. You don’t know their struggle.
9. Forgiving yourself will be the hardest thing, but also it will be the most important thing that you will do for yourself in your entire life.
10. You cannot force people to like you. Face it, some of them will hate you. Some will despise you. Some will envy you. Some of them will judge you. But, hey… a few, amazing people will love you from the very bottom of their hearts. They are the only ones that you need to give a damn about.
11. If you want to grow, you have to find the courage within you, leave your comfort zone and face the unpredictable, harsh, cold side of this world. You cannot expect your life to change for the better if you don’t make any effort for that to happen.
12. Everything that you have in life is exactly what you need right now. Remember, you attract what you deserve. Nothing in life is a coincidence. The people in your life were meant to cross your path for a reason. The things that you are experiencing right now were meant to happen to you. That’s how you will learn your lessons.
13. I know it sounds scary, but you are alone in this world. You are born alone, and you will die alone. You are the only person that you can truly rely on. The only person who can truly save yourself. The one and only hero in your life. Don’t get me wrong. Your friends and your family may always be there to support you and lift you up, but in the end, you are the only responsible person for your life.
Latest posts by Stephanie Reeds (see all)
- Anti Abortion Lawmakers Shouldn’t Be Making Laws About Women: They Have No Idea How Our Bodies Work - 05/20/2019
- It’s Hard, But You Have Face The Truth: He’s Just Not That Into You - 05/20/2019
- Being Alone Is Better Than Being In A Relationship With Someone Whose Heart Doesn’t Match Yours - 05/18/2019