When we have gone through long periods of being extremely mentally or emotionally stressed, oftentimes our souls can fall into deep rest that feels a lot like being depressed because it has similar symptoms.
And as much as we want to pick ourselves up by thinking positive and shifting our focus to be more energetic, we will still likely feel exhausted and low.
The reason why this happens is that our soul needs time to heal in the same way broken bones take time to repair. Although our soul is not visible, it is as important as the vessel in which it is contained, thus we should treat soul healing with the same seriousness as body damage.
If we ignore the signs that our energy is depleting, it can lead to very serious consequences such as chronic anxiety, mental health issues, and depression. Here are 10 signs that your soul is exhausted and depleted of energy.
1. During the day, all you want to do is rest and lie down. You tend to nap frequently and sometimes you have difficulty waking up and getting out of bed. During the night, you feel restless because when you sleep you experience intense dreams and nightmares that feel so real.
2. You feel an aching sensation throughout all your body. You may feel tension, dizziness, stomachaches, blurred vision, and headaches without any reason. You want to feel better, you know that there is nothing wrong with you, and yet you can’t help yourself.
3. When someone asks you what’s wrong with you, you don’t know what to respond to them because even you don’t know how you feel. You know that something complex and deep is happening inside you, but you can’t describe why you feel that way and more importantly, why you can’t get out of that energy.
4. You often feel fragmented and disorientated because your mind and body are out of sync. You constantly forget things and you feel lost like you don’t belong in this world.
5. All your emotions are intensified. You feel extremely emotional and you may find yourself crying for no apparent reason. You often feel like your heart would explode with love one moment and broke the other. That’s why you get so terrified when it comes to feelings and opening up.
6. You experience mild panic attacks or chronic anxiety.
7. You feel profoundly lonely even when you are among other people. You start questioning the people around you and who you can trust because you feel on the defense most of the time.
8. You have bitter, jealous, angry, or resentful thoughts about everything that happens around you when normally you are a very compassionate, forgiving, and caring person.
9. Your body feels weak and any movement makes you exhausted. You lack energy and going to the gym and exercising no longer makes you happy because it has become hard work for you.
10. You often feel scared and uncertain about your future. Sometimes you feel so drained and exhausted that you just want to pack your bags and start your life again because you no longer take pleasure in doing the things you once enjoyed.
If you are feeling this way, it’s a final time to prioritize yourself and take care of your soul. Rest as much as you need. Turn off your phone and spend some time doing your favorite things.
Take a nice hot bath, meditate, play your favorite music, and spend more time with the people you love the most.
Avoid negative thoughts and negative self-talk. Stop criticizing yourself or talking down to you. Practice balancing your energy.
When you can really pay attention to what your soul desires, you can eliminate anything in your life that makes you feel drained and debilitated and instead focus on positive thoughts and experiences that radiate with beauty and positive energy.