Relationships are beautiful. They are the essence of life.
But they are not easy. They do not happen overnight. They need work, time, and a lot of effort on both sides. When it comes to love, you need to be able to put yourself out there. You need to be able to put yourself in the shoes of your partner and see through their own eyes. You need to be able to accept them as they are, understand them, and ultimately spend your life with them.
When it comes to love, you have to be willing to give as much as you take. Otherwise, the love you two have would never survive. It would never outlive you.
Relationships may not happen overnight, but they can be destroyed in a heartbeat.
Here are seven things that will most definitely ruin your relationship:
1. Being overly critical of your partner. Relationships are about acceptance and understanding. Love is about looking past someone’s flaws and seeing the real beauty of their soul. It’s not learning to embrace the imperfections; it is falling in love with the imperfections. Which only brings us this… Being over critical with your significant other will get you nowhere. In fact, it will only drive a wedge between the two of you.
2. Being always negative about everything. I am not suggesting you should always have a smile on your face. I am talking about positivity as a way of life. Being optimistic about things and searching for the bright side of life has great benefits. Especially when you are in a relationship. A negative environment can quickly become a toxic one. And a toxic relationship is not a safe place. It’s hell.
3. Being ignorant of their needs. Relationships are built on love, trust, and compromises. You don’t need a person to complete you. You simply need someone to understand you and accept you the way you are. If you can’t do that for the one you love, then perhaps you don’t deserve to be a part of their life. Perhaps, you don’t deserve the love they give to you. It takes two to tango, and it takes to make love flourish.
4. Being too lazy within the relationship. Love is a two-way street. It’s about two imperfect individuals willing to accept each other completely and work through their differences. It’s about two hearts beating as one. Two hands working hard to build something worth living for. Two souls growing as one.
5. Ignoring them when they need you the most. This is not the way you treat someone you love. Whatever is happening between you two, you have to understand that ignoring or avoiding something will never help you solve your issues. It will only make things worse.