We hear a lot of talk about finding, recognizing, and loving our soulmate. We all want to find the love of our life, the person we are destined to be with. The person we are meant to grow old with.
However, as many of you are already aware – finding a soulmate isn’t easy. And to complicate things even more, there’s also the concept of a twin flame. Although these two phrases are often used interchangeably, the truth is that there are differences between them.
So, the question is: What’s the difference between twin flames and soulmates?
At the moment of a soul’s creation, the soul splits into 2 halves and each half explores a different aspect of spirituality. One half is the divine feminine spirituality and the other half is the divine masculine spirituality. So, a twin flame is literally the other half of your soul. And while you can have more than one soulmate, when it comes to twin flames – you can only have one.
When you and your twin flame unite, the relationship is very intense. Both of you feel a genuine and strong desire to create something together that will help raise people’s consciousness of the entire planet.
There’s a strong bond between you and the love you feel for each other is pure and unconditional.
A soulmate is someone who is sent into your life to help awaken you and challenge you in order for you to fulfill your true potential and become the best version of yourself.
A soulmate can enter and go from your life as necessary, but when they walk into your life, you feel like you’ve met them before. You feel like you’ve known them for years and you also can’t help but notice that there’s a strong emotional and spiritual bond between you.
Now, let’s look at the differences between twin flame relationships and soulmate relationships:
Twin Flame Relationships
– Twin flames start a relationship only if both of them have reached complete enlightenment
– The relationship brings about a deep desire to create something that will help raise people’s consciousness of the whole planet
– You and your twin flame don’t need to be around each other so as to feel the strong connection between you
– Your twin flame encourages you to follow your intuition more
– Your twin flame confronts you with your fears, insecurities, and ego-driven desires because they are a true mirror of yourself
– Your twin flame helps you undergo inner work and spiritual transformation
– You can only have one twin flame in a lifetime
– The relationship doesn’t always need to be romantic since a soulmate can be a friend, a family member, a co-worker, a neighbor, and etc.
– The relationship usually feels “destined”
– There’s a strong connection between you and your soulmate that may change in intensity
– The relationship teaches you valuable lessons about life and yourself, too, that inspire you to work on yourself and grow
– The relationship may feel different or break down once you and your soulmate have learned the lesson
– The relationship can help both you and your soulmate release past hurts and traumas
– The relationship may often face challenges in order for you to change things in your life
And last but not least, no matter what the differences between twin flame and soulmate relationships may be, both types of relationships touch our souls and change our lives forever.