If you thought that having girl trips is just a fun way to spend your weekends, think again. Turns out spending quality time with your best friends is not only beneficial to your overall mood, but also to your health. Yep, you read it right.
Why? How? Keep reading these 6 reasons below.
1. Your closest circle of friends keeps you alive. While you experience some of the best moments in your life with your friends, something much more important happens inside your body. Spending more time with our loved one is linked to the increased release of the love hormone called oxytocin. The more quality time you have with them, the more your oxytocin your brain produces, and ultimately the better you feel.
2.No one knows you better than your friends. And having frequent girl trips is definitely the best way to maintain those precious friendships in your life. Just think about it. Of course, it is nice to have a romantic getaway with your boyfriend every once in a while, but that doesn’t mean that you should forget about your friends. After all, a partner could never understand you on the same deep level that your friends can.
3. The memories you create will not only stay with you forever but will also strengthen your bond. Time passes by quickly, but we are the only ones who decide how we’ll use it. So, next time you feel like you can’t find the time for that trip that you’ve been talking about with your girls for months, remember. Your friendships won’t last unless you take care of them.
4. You get to spend more quality time together and make up for all those missed dates. There is no better way to reunite with your friends and catch up on your lives than a quick getaway weekend, even if it is to your cabin upstate. Two full days of fun activities can really make up for all those times you were too busy to go out or meet them for lunch.
5. Not having close friends is bad for your health. This one goes without saying. I mean…just think about it. What would you do without your friends? How would it feel to have no one by your side? Pretty terrible, right? Well, Harvard researchers would definitely agree on it. Because according to their study, a lack of friends in your life is as bad for you as smoking a few packs of cigarettes daily.
6. It’s the best form of self-care. I don’t know what your activities are when it comes to self-care, but I know that you should always include spending quality time with your close friends in your self-care routine. Maybe you like to do yoga or climbing, or maybe you enjoy reading a book. That’s all fine really. I just think that you should never put the time spent with your girls at the bottom of your priority list. Make your get-togethers a priority and notice how your life changes.
And always remember. Life is nothing without friends. So keep them close to you, hug them more often, kiss their face and never let them forget how loved they really are.