True love. I don’t about you, but I’ve felt it. I’ve felt what it is like to be one with another person. I’ve felt what it is like to connect to another human being. To love them for who they really are. To be loved for who I am. To be cherished, understood, accepted, and cared for. To be supported, to be praised, to be respected and protected.
I’ve felt it all and I’ve done it all. Because there is no other way to truly connect to another human being than this. If you want that pure intimacy, that honest, life-changing, free love that people write novels about you have to be able to open up and let the other person inside your world. You need to recognize yourself in that other person. Only then you’ll truly feel what it is like to be intimate with another human being.
Remember, relationships are about understanding, accepting, and growing together.
Below are 7 ways to strengthen your relationship by getting to know your partner better:
1. Pay attention to them. Listen to them. Ask them how they feel. Look at them. Feel them. See them for they really are. Take an active role as their partner. Their loved one. Let them know that they can always count on you, no matter what.
2. Be open to forgiveness. Don’t be so quick to judge their mistakes. After all, we are all human, aren’t we? We all deserve to be understood, no matter how irrational our actions and thoughts can sometimes be.
3. Be patient with them. Give them the time and space they need for themselves. Relationships are lovely unions, but committing to them does not mean giving up on yourself. If you are okay with your relationship pace, your partner may not. Be considerate of their feelings and give them the time to process the things they go through.
4. Be there to hear them out. Don’t shut them out. Don’t avoid them. Allow them to explain themselves and really tell you how they feel. Be the person they can always come to. Be their shoulder to cry on. Be the one they can be themselves with.
5. Communicate properly and do it often. I cannot stress enough how important this one is. If there is an issue between the two of you, the only solution for it is communicating about it. Openly. Thoroughly. Honestly. Willingly. You’ll be surprised how much talking to each other can strengthen your relationship and deepen your bond.
6. Make more time for one another and make it count. The truth is, life is chaotic and our schedules extremely busy. But no matter how hard it is to make time for something other than work nowadays, when it comes to our loved ones, we need to be able to do whatever it takes to make time for them. If you catch yourself making excuses, that’s is a sign that you need to rearrange your priorities.
7. Don’t let the passion die. Don’t let the dullness of everyday life pull you apart. Don’t let put out that fire burning between the two of you. Intimacy may not be about the physical connection as much as it is about the mental one, but that doesn’t mean that you should forget about that spark that once drove you two crazy for each other.