Life has tested me in many ways. It has challenged me too many times to even keep track. I’ve been down in the gutter, I’ve been up in the sky. I’ve made mistakes, I’ve failed, I’ve lost and I’ve felt what it’s like to be hurt. I’ve been through hell, but each time I’ve found my way back up.
“Wow, she’s tough”, you must think to yourself. And the answer is, YES. I am strong and I am truly brave. But I wasn’t born this way. My strength and has pretty much everything to do with the people I am surrounded with.
My true friends. My loved ones. My all.
This may sound corny to you, but it’s the truth. I don’t know where I’d be today if it wasn’t for my friends and their unconditional support. I don’t know if I’d survive all those challenges and hardships without them by my side.
They’ve shown me what real love means and they’ve proven to me that commitment is saying that you are there and keeping that promise forever. For better or for worse. In sickness and in health.
So, here’s to them! Because true friends show their true colors in times of trouble, not in happiness:
1. They are always there for you, no matter what. True friends are people who will never ever turn their backs on you. They will always be there to give you a hand, lift you up, and help you get back on your feet.
2. You can always be your true self with them because you know that they will never ever judge you. I swear, there is nothing more heartwarming and wonderful than knowing that you are surrounded by people who love you for who you are. That right there is the greatest blessing in life.
3. They support you 100%, even when the entire world is against you. They have your back and cheer for you no matter how crazy and silly your ideas are. Because they believe in you. Unlike everyone else, they are convinced that you are capable of much more than others think.
4. They love you and accept you just the way you are. With all of your flaws and imperfections. All of your strengths and all of your dark sides. Even if they could, they would never ever try to change you into someone you are not.
5. They are always honest with you, even if telling the truth means hurting you. They still do it. Because at the end of the day, it is for your own good. It is all done out of love and care for you.
6. They know your soul. They know the rhythm of your heart. They know the way you breathe. The way you smile when you feel happy, and the way you cry when your heart aches. They know you like the back of their hand.
7. They could never imagine their life without you by their side. Real friends would never trade you for anything in the world. They could never imagine their future, without you in it.
Thank you for giving life to my life. Thank you for loving me in the real sense of the word.