I love you.
The three magical words that each and every human being on this planet likes to hear. People do many unimaginable, inspiring, heroic and romantic things to hear these three words. What’s more incredible is the things that we are capable of doing for another person once we know that we are loved.
But why do we do these things?
Why do we love hearing “I love you” so much?
I know, I know… We are human beings who cannot survive without connection. We need to know that there are people in our life who care for us so that we can keep moving forward. Having a special place in someone’s life is what keeps us going and gives us the strength to overcome every obstacle.
I believe in all this. And I agree with it. But personally, I think that sometimes love isn’t enough. In fact, I’ll be honest and say… Love may be the sparkle that starts the fire, but it definitely isn’t what makes a relationship last forever.
Here are 5 phrases that mean a lot more than a simple “I love you”:
1. Thank you. Expressing gratitude to your loved ones is one of the most important things that you can do for them. It doesn’t matter how long you two are together, good manners and attention are always welcomed. By doing this, you not only show your loved ones how much they mean to you, but you only send positive energy into the universe. And you know how it goes, you attract what you are.
2. I believe in you. Express your belief in people. Say it out loud. Remind them of their worth. Let them know that they are much more capable than they think they are. No matter how many times you’ve told someone that you believe in them, say it again. Being there beside them in their moments of doubt shows much more affection than a simple “I Love You”.
3. I forgive you. I forgive you for all the things you’ve done. I forgive you for all those mistakes that you’ve made. I forgive you for lashing out on me without thinking your words could hurt me. I forgive you for all of your shortcomings because my love for you is stronger than anything else. Forgiveness is one of the most honorable traits that we, as humans possess.
4. I’ll do anything to help you. There are no words to describe how wonderful it is to have someone in your life who will always be there to catch you when you fall or help you find your way when you feel lost. Finding a person who is willing to make a sacrifice in order to see you smile is one of the biggest blessings. Being told that you have someone’s support means much more than being told that you are loved. It means that someone cares so much for you that they’d do whatever it takes to see you on your feet.
5. I respect your choices. Personally, there is nothing more pleasant to hear from a loved one than these four words. Knowing that someone cherishes you for who you are, accepts your imperfections and more importantly loves your little flaws is the foundation of true love. “I love you” isn’t enough to describe a connection like this.