7 crucial self-care tips that you need to start practicing right now:
1. Give yourself a f*cking break. I mean it. Give yourself a break from trying. Give yourself a break from pretending. Give yourself a break from being there for people who aren’t there for you. Give yourself a break from all the chaos in this world that you absorb each and every second of your existence. Just stop. Stop whatever you are doing and ask yourself… “Is this the life that I want for myself?”
2. Forgive yourself for all your mistakes. It’s okay. It’s fine. You are a human being after all…You cannot expect to go through life sinless. In fact, your whole existence is based on making mistakes and learning from them. That is how you grow. That’s how you spread your wings and learn to fly.
3. Start saying NO more often. If something or someone makes you uncomfortable, you are not bound to tolerate that. If doing something makes you feel bad, you have the right to change your mind. To say NO the minute it starts becoming a threat to you. You have the right to walk away, cut that person off your life, and do whatever makes you feel calmer. You have the right to live a peaceful life. Give yourself that.
4. Learn to have fun all by yourself. It’s not weird and it’s definitely not sad to do things on your own. General opinion aside, having coffee or lunch by yourself is probably one of the most liberating things you can ever do. It gives you the freedom to just be. To enjoy the moment as it is. And to not expect anything from anyone. It allows you to feel life in all its fullness. To enjoy yourself and realize that happiness does come from within.
5. Acknowledge and face your feelings. Embrace the real you. The one that you are underneath all those masks and layers. The person you are so afraid to meet. Embrace all of those parts of yourself that make you insecure, afraid, and confused. Embrace the pain, the fears, the sadness… Become one with who you are. Feel whatever flows through you. Let it tear you apart for that is the only way you will find your power.
6. Do more things that bring a smile on your face and fill your heart with joy. Anything that makes you happy and gives you a reason to get up in the morning is worth doing. Believe me. Anything. I’ve wasted an awful lot of time worrying about what the world would think of me if I pursued my passions. Hours, days, and months that I will never be able to retrieve. So, trust me when I say this… There is no better investment in yourself than pursuing your wildest dreams.
7. Give yourself a little more credit. Don’t ever forget how hard you’ve worked on your dreams. And how much effort you are still putting into making your life better. Don’t ever forget that. Failures can easily distract you from your goals and make you feel like you are not doing enough. But that’s not true. Your mistakes along the road are exactly what helped you get here. Be thankful for them. Be thankful for all of the opportunities that life has given you. It’s time you finally give yourself the credit that you deserve.
These are just some of the ways that you can better take good care of your mental health. For your physical health, don’t forget to stay active and have regular medical checkups with a physician and a dental expert like this trustworthy dentist in Saratoga Springs.