Real friends may be rare, but if you have at least one friend who you can always call when you need the support, consider yourself among the luckiest people on planet earth.
The truth is, many people will walk into your life, many will also walk out of it, one way or another… But the ones who truly care for you and love you beyond words will leave big footprints in your heart.
Because these people will love you more than anyone ever loved you. These people will see you for who you really are and accept you, flaws and all.
Here are 5 telltale signs that you’ve found a friendship that is meant to last a lifetime:
1. They stick with you through both the bad and the good times. This is one of the things that separates true friendships from fake ones. Because a real friend, unlike a person who pretends to be your close friend, will never leave you hanging. A real friend will never abandon you when you need them the most. A real friend will never bail out on you. A real friend will stay by your side, no matter how busy they are. A real will be light at the end of the tunnel.
2. They love you just the way you are. Real friends don’t try to change you. They accept you with all of your flaws and quirks. They embrace every part of you, everything from your imperfections to your best personality characteristics. Real friends make you comfortable with who you are. They see the good in you even when you are not able to see that for yourself.
3. They are proud of your achievements and they are always there to support every step that you take. Your happiness is their happiness. Real friends don’t feel jealous about your accomplishments. They don’t feel like they need to compete with you. Real friends are proud of your successes and they want to celebrate your joy with the world. That is how much they love you.
4. They make you feel completely comfortable when you are around them. Real friends are always there to protect your secrets, fears, and insecurities from the outside world. They make you feel so comfortable around them that you feel free to tell them even the most embarrassing stories and share your scariest memories with them. That is what puts them high above everyone else in your life.
5. They always meet you halfway. You don’t have to beg them to meet up with them or chase them to catch up. Real friends show initiative. They show interest in hanging out with you. Real friends invest the same amount of love and understanding in your relationship as you because they want to keep you in their life.