Yes, you the one who just clicked on this article. Let me ask you a question.
When was the last time you did something for the first time? When was the last time you did something that made you happy? Can you vividly remember the last time you really enjoyed yourself? I mean, really, really enjoyed yourself…
I’ll wait a few minutes…
But know this… If you need more than 5 minutes to come up with an answer, I am afraid I have some bad news for you. You are wasting your life, friend. Yes, you read it right. If you aren’t doing the things that fill your heart with joy and make you genuinely happy, I honestly don’t know what you are doing.
Look, life is too short. Shorter than you think. So, trust me… You don’t want to wake up at 60 and regret living your life the way you did. Challenge yourself! Take that chance! Do something new! Change your life!
Here are 30 things I guarantee you’ll regret when you’re old!
1. Staying in bad relationships. You deserve more than this. Leave everyone who makes you feel like you are not worth.
2. Not learning the language you wanted. Start today. You are never too old for this one.
3. Not traveling more. Not having money is not an excuse. All you need is a good imagination. Oh, and a good organization.
4. Missing your chance to see your favorite musicians live. No, they won’t come again in two years. Get the tickets and have the time of your life.
5. Letting fear rule your life. Don’t let this ruin your life forever. There won’t be a magic button to reverse the damage that will already be done.
6. Failing to take good care of your body. Your body is indeed a temple. If you don’t take care of it, no one else will. Make physical fitness a priority. Your future self will always be thankful.
7. Not leaving a horrible, soul-sucking job. No amount of money or success is worth your own happiness.
8. Not standing up for yourself more often. Don’t be scared to show the world who you truly are. Your matter!
9. Being too afraid to show your feelings. Open your soul and let your emotions run free. There is nothing wrong and shameful in saying I love you.
10. Not loving yourself enough. Don’t spend your life criticizing yourself. Your flaws are not a weakness. They make you a beautiful and unique human being. They make you YOU.
11. Caring too much about what people think. Stop obsessing over someone’s opinion of you. They don’t care about you anyway.
12. Not pursuing your dreams. If you are good at something, don’t let your talent go to waste.
13. Holding grudges for a long period of time. You are only wasting the time you could have to spend with the ones you love.
14. Caring too much about other people’s needs over your own. You are your number one priority. Never forget that.
15. Not helping people more. If you have even the slightest chance at making this world a better place, then take it.
16. Working way too much. No one looks back at life and wishes they’ve worked more. The only thing old people wish is they had spent more time with their loved ones.
17. Not asking your loved ones the things you wanted to ask before they passed away. Life is short. People you love die. Make sure you let them know how much they mean to you before they leave.
18. Running around and not stopping enough to appreciate the moment. Life is not about the destination, but about the journey. Enjoy every second of it.
19. Leaving unfinished things. It’s your responsibility to finish the things you’ve started. Plus, you will feel better about yourself.
20. Not taking care of your skin. You will deeply regret this. The body remembers everything.
21. Letting yourself be defined by society’s expectations. Be unapologetically yourself. One day you will be proud of the life you’ve created for yourself.
22. Not doing the things you are passionate about. One day you will wake up and you will wonder what your life would have been like if you’d only pursued the things that made you happy. And you will never know the answer…
23. Worrying too much about things that are beyond your control. Let everything be. You do you!
24. Never taking a big risk. A life without challenge and risk is not worth living.
25. Not spending more time with the ones you love. Don’t make this mistake.
26. Forgetting how blessed you really are. If you have a roof over your head, a warm meal and people who love you, you are richer than you think. Don’t take that for granted.
27. Not making enough time to nurture your friendships. They won’t magically last forever if you don’t invest in them.
28. Not having a hobby. Do the things you love. Don’t let anyone discourage you.
29. Not spending more time with your kids. Time will pass, they will grow up and nothing will ever be the same.
30. Being jealous of other people’s lives. Focus on yourself. Envy won’t get you anywhere. It will only make your life miserable.