Is it true that beauty can only be found within or we’re just saying that because we don’t want to sound superficial even though deep down, looks do matter to us?
Is beauty really in the eye of the beholder?
While I absolutely agree that there is more to people than meets the eye, I cannot deny that physical appearance is something that we will always look for in a partner, no matter how much we convince ourselves that we won’t.
So, let’s face it. In the end, we all care about looks.
For example, according to research, men are attracted to some features in women more than others which is a result of their subconscious, animalistic instinct. They may say that they only care about who you truly are as a person, but deep down they will always be attracted by these 6 things in women:
1. Physical symmetry has always been the ultimate sign of pure beauty. Ever since ancient times. Old Egyptians have been associating it with strong and healthy bloodline. Today, physical symmetry is something that we still admire and crave. Ask any man. Whether they know it or not, they will always find women with perfect, symmetrical faces alluring.
2. Hourglass figure. What’s more to say? Men will always be sexually drawn to women with thick hips and thighs or in other words the hourglass figure. This is due to the fact that curviness and bustiness are associated with fertility and reproductivity. They are related to a woman’s ability to conceive.
3. The color red. When it comes to attracting men, the color red has a big role. Don’t believe it? Well, according to a study conducted at the University of Rochester, the color red is one of the few factors that make women more seductive to men. During the study, men were shown various photos of women dressed in different colors. The results? They always chose red over any other color.
4. The smell of your skin. There’s nothing more arousing and more enthralling than a woman’s natural scent. So, when people say that they have good chemistry with someone, they are really referring to the smell. Their pheromones. Believe it or not, men are attracted by certain smells.
5. Big eyes. Eyes are indeed the windows to the soul. But, when it comes to physical attraction, they are also one of the few things that make men go crazy. Big, almond, bright eyes with dark eyelashes are among the top features that men notice in women.
6. The tone of your voice. Did you know that men prefer higher-pitched voices? Women often think that slowing their speech and talking with a deeper voice attracts men, but men actually prefer light, high voices. That is due to the fact that a pleasant voice is actually associated with a nice personality.