Breakups suck. They really do. Heartbreaks tear your soul to pieces. Divorces change your entire life. All of these experiences scar people for life and destroy all their hopes for a better future…
But it is my personal belief that as humans, we have the strength to cope with the pain of having our heart broken and trust violated. The truth is, time heals all wounds. But it cannot force someone to love you the same way you love them.
Yes, heartbreaks are undoubtedly difficult. But there is nothing more devastating and gut-wrenching than being in love with someone who doesn’t love you back. Unrequited love hurts like hell.
Here are 7 telltale signs that your partner is having second thoughts about you:
1. They don’t share much about their life with you. They don’t feel like they need to let you in on every little detail that goes on in their lives. In fact, they don’t feel like they need to share anything at all. You are together, but your communication is pretty much based on small talk and meaningless conversation.
2. They blame you for everything. If your partner has started putting the blame for everything that goes on between you two, this is a good sign that they don’t really care about making a compromise and solving the issue. This might also be a sign that they don’t share the same feelings that you do.
3. You can sense their lies. We all lie. That’s something that we could never change. But here’s the thing. We can also sense when lying becomes a habit. Especially in someone who is close to us. Like a friend or a partner. If this is a case with you and your partner, this is a serious sign that you shouldn’t wait long to confront them.
4. They always have different excuses for not being there for you. They are constantly tired, stressed, busy, working late, out with the guys, exhausted, etc. The list of excuses just keeps getting longer and longer. I know it’s hard, but you need to admit it… If he really cared about you, he would do anything to make time for you.
5. They don’t feel that they need to explain their actions to you. When a person decides that they don’t want to be a part of your life, they no longer feel like they need to explain their actions to you. And that’s all fine as long as they share this issue with their partners and talk about it. If your partner doesn’t have the courtesy to say this to your face, you are better off on your own. Trust me. It is better to be alone than to be with someone who makes you feel alone.
6. Their plans no longer include you. It’s really that simple. If your partner’s dreams for the future no longer align with yours, it is time to accept the brutal truth. You cannot make someone love you the same way you love them. Let it go… Life has other things in store for you.
7. You feel lonely and hurt by their indifference, but you blame yourself. It is clear that you have no future together. You no longer feel safe and comfortable around them. You only feel like a burden. Like your presence is no longer wanted… You don’t deserve to be treated this way. If this is your case, let go of this person and just move on. You matter. More than you know. And if they can’t see your worth, then somebody else will.