Every single relationship has its own issues. Its own level of toxicity. The truth is, nothing is ever perfect, for there is no such thing as perfection. So, having that in mind, it is crucial to understand that there is always some work to be done. Even when everything seems okay.
There’s a certain boundary in every relationship that mustn’t be crossed. Ever. So when the toxicity in the relationship spirals out of control and violates that boundary, that is the exact moment when all the problems arise.
Here are 17 red flags that you are in a toxic relationship that you need to cut off your life as soon as possible:
And remember. You weren’t put on Earth to live a life of pain and sadness. You deserve love. Real, all-consuming, pure love.
1. They make you doubt yourself. They constantly put you down by criticizing your habits, your looks, your choices, your opinions, and your life. No matter what you do, you are never enough.
2. They are jealous of you. So much that they have the need to control every segment of your life. If this is the case and you are stuck in a relationship with a person who cannot bear the thought of you being in the presence of another person, you need to rethink that relationship.
3. There’s an obvious imbalance of power. They are the dominant side and you are the submissive one. It is clear that they have more power in the relationship, which is a big problem that needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
4. You no longer take care of yourself. You’ve completely forgotten what makes you happy. What makes you YOU. Avoiding ME time is a major sign that your relationship is ruining your life.
5. You hope they’ll eventually change. But deep down you know that it will take more than just time for them to change. In fact, they might never change. Which brings us to this conclusion… Thinking that you can change someone is wasted time.
6. They never take responsibility for their actions. Instead, they blame it all on you.
7. You are extremely insecure. You don’t feel good about yourself. You do not feel like you are doing enough. If you are in a constant state of insecurity around this person, you need to rethink your choices and make some changes.
8. They are constantly stonewalling you. They don’t listen to what you have to say. Instead, they walk away like you don’t even exist. This is called stonewalling and it is one of the most effective methods narcissists use to manipulate their victims.
9. All of your loved ones are concerned about you. What’s more, they’ve never even liked your partner, which is an even bigger red flag that you are holding onto a relationship that is not good for you.
10. You don’t trust them. You don’t have the type of trust in them that you should have in a partner. You want to believe the words they say, but something tells you that they are not being honest with you.
11. Most of the times you feel bad when you are around them, even though you are too afraid to admit. Get it through your head. Just because there are some positive aspects in your toxic relationship, that doesn’t mean that you should stay in it.
12. They bring out the worst in you. You are not yourself around them. You’ve turned into someone you can’t recognize.
13. You feel exhausted around them. If you feel like your relationship is sucking the life out of you, this is a big sign that you need a time out. A healthy relationship will never drain you, on the contrary, it will only fill you up with more love and positivity.
14. You can’t imagine a future together. You don’t need another sign to realize that this is not for you. You weren’t put on Earth to live a life of pain and sadness. You deserve love. Real, all-consuming, pure love.
15. They are always competing with you. As if being in a relationship means fighting to prove which one of you is better than the other.
16. You feel like you are doing all the work in the relationship. You are doing your best to make it work, but it’s all in vain because they are not putting the same effort that you do. Make sure you are not the only one contributing to your relationship because otherwise, it’s not worth it. It takes two to tango and it takes two to build a life together.
17. You catch yourself making silly excuses for their insensitive behavior. It’s hard to accept it, but the sooner you do, the better off you’ll be. If you’ve caught yourself making silly excuses for their toxic, insufferable behavior, you need to wake up. In the end, you know how the saying goes… Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.