Have you ever talked to a person and felt like you are completely drained afterward? So, much that you couldn’t come to your senses and keep your eyes open for another minute?
Likewise, have you ever spend the entire night absolutely focused and amused by the conversation you had that you didn’t want the night to end?
The fact is, we are all energy. Pure, continuous energy.
And guess what? Energy is contagious.
We attract exactly who we are. As a result, the people we surround ourselves with are the people who shape our character. When we subject ourselves to peers who are negative and destructive, we let their energy influence us and eventually become a part of us. In contrast, when we surround ourselves with people who lift us up and motivate us, their positive energy impacts our lives and improves our overall wellbeing.
The bottom line is, every person in our life plays a big role. Some destroy it, others put their best efforts to rebuild it over and over again. And the choice is always ours. Who we surround ourselves with is completely within our control.
Here are 5 ways to improve your life by surrounding yourself with the right people:
1. Make a list of all the people that you know. There is something truly extraordinary and inspiring about having old friendships, I’ll give you that. But here’s another thing that most people forget. The history you have with those people is not enough to make those friendships last a lifetime. A friendship, just like everything else needs to be evaluated and updated. Your friends are supposed to bring out the best of you. If their presence in your life does quite the opposite, this is a red flag that they are not the right people for you.
2. Cut off the toxic individuals from your life. Walk away from everyone that convinces you that you are not good enough and makes you doubt yourself. The people who have nothing nice to say to you and constantly criticize your actions do not deserve to be a part of your life. Don’t be afraid to release yourself from these toxic friendships. If you want to improve your life, make sure you are in good company.
3. Show appreciation to the people who care for you. Glance around at all the people who are right there by your side. Remind yourself of everything that they’ve done for you. Some of these people have sacrificed themselves for your happiness. Some have been there for you when no one else was. Don’t take that for granted. Show gratitude for the loyalty and love they give you each and every day of your life. And let them know how much they mean to you.
4. Create new surroundings. It’s really that simple. If you want to experience greatness in life, surround yourself with great people who do amazing stuff. If you want to be happy, confident, fulfilled, empowered, brave, righteous, free, honest, be around people who are the same. If you meet someone who makes you smile, don’t be embarrassed to let them know that you pretty much enjoy their company. Nurture your old friendships but don’t be afraid to make new ones.
5. Share your passions and talents with others. Get out of your comfort zone and open yourself to meeting new people. Don’t be afraid to show others what fills your heart with passion and get you going. Don’t be afraid to share your special talents and unique strengths with other people. Nothing feels better than having genuine connections and being surrounded by people who are always there to inspire you.
I already told you… The choice is yours. You can let the fear of ending up alone get to you and continue hanging with people who make you feel bad about yourself…
Or you can choose to eliminate those energy-sucking vampires from your life and start all over… Either way, one thing is for sure.
Your life will always reflect your choices and the people that you are surrounded with.