Let’s face it. Things are not looking great right now. It’s pretty tough out there. The world as we know it is facing one of the biggest threats in human history and we are experiencing the most challenging transition of our entire lives.
We are out of our comfort zones and it doesn’t feel nice. It’s terrifying. And guess what? It’s not all healthy breakfasts, family lunches, and home exercises. Because while some of you out there are making the most of this crisis by maintaining healthier habits, working hard on your dreams, focusing on your goals, there are people who, believe it or not, are struggling to just go through their day.
So, if you, my dear feel the same… I want you to know that I understand you.
And I want you to know that you are not alone.
Below are a few methods that have personally helped me found my inner peace during these stressful times. It’s tough out there I know… but you have to stay strong. For the best is yet to come…
1. Let yourself feel whatever is inside of you. Don’t hold it in. Don’t try to be strong. If you feel like there is a big chunk in your throat, don’t swallow it. Don’t suppress it. Instead, let yourself feel your emotions. Allow your body to accept the pain that you are going through. Cry, scream, shout, isolate yourself completely if you need to, but don’t deny your feelings.
2. Try to focus on the brighter side of life. I know it’s easier said than done, but hear me out. If you are alive and well, if you have people who love you, if you have food, shelter, and a warm bed to sleep in, you, my friend already have everything in life. If that’s not something to be grateful for, I don’t know what is. Count your blessings, my dear, because not all of the people out there can do the same nowadays.
3. Cut your pain in half and digest it in pieces. Don’t take it all in at once. No one is rushing you. You have all the time in the world right now. Take it and use it to help yourself get through whatever you’re experiencing.
4. Remind yourself that tough times build character. Everything that we are going through right now is happening for a reason. I truly believe that. This is just another lesson that we have to learn to get to the next level. And you know how it goes… Difficult times often bring the best out of people. They wake us up from our dreams and force us to reset our priorities. So, let’s do that.
5. Avoid being surrounded by people that stress you out. Not just now… but any day. No one likes to be around people who enjoy creating drama, constantly put others down, and make everyday life even more stressful.
6. Find the thing that helps you cope with the pressure and lose yourself in it. Find your calling. Find the thing that you enjoy doing the most and drown in it. Let it overwhelm you. Let it take control over you. Drawing, writing, reading, taking photos, playing games, creating art, it’s your call. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as it brings you joy.
7. Have faith that no matter hard it is right now, one day it’ll all be over. I don’t when and I don’t know how, but I know that one day we’ll all sit with our loved ones and think of this period as one of the most important times of our lives. We’ll remind ourselves how much we’ve struggled and how much we learned those difficult times. We’ll finally be able to look at ourselves in the mirror and say… Hey, you… You did it. You survived.