Life is hard. It gives, it takes away, it challenges, it punishes, it changes. In a nutshell, it simply flows in whichever direction it wants to. It doesn’t stop for you, it doesn’t ask what your plans are and it doesn’t always care how you feel about all of that.
Yes, life is undoubtedly hard.
But love shouldn’t be. And even though this is something that it took me a lot longer to learn, here we are. Stronger and a bit wiser. Sharing my wisdom with the world. Trying to put my experience to good use. Preaching about true, pure, everlasting love.
If you’ve been lucky enough to come across a man who is not afraid to give all of that and love you the way you deserve to be loved, you are truly blessed. Don’t ever take that for granted.
Never ever let go of someone who…
1. Accepts you just the way you are. A person who loves you for who you truly are instead of trying to change you and mold you into someone who would satisfy their expectations is a true rarity nowadays. More importantly, a person like this is worth fighting for… If you already have this man by your side, be grateful and hold onto him.
2. Calms you down. It is not every day that a man like this comes your way. In fact, considering how chaotic and hectic this world is, meeting someone who can understand you and truly calm your inner demons is quite a miracle. Let that person know just how much happiness and light they bring into your life by simply being there…
3. Respects you. Respect is the very foundation of every relationship. And it is not something that grows on trees. Respect is earned. In fact, look at it this way. Respect is a two-way street. If you can’t give it, you cannot receive it. In other words, if there is no mutual understand and trust, there can be no respect in the relationship.
4. Always has your back. I cannot even stress enough how important support is in relationships. To know that someone out there will always have your back, no matter what you choose to do with you or your life is a truly wonderful and liberating feeling. In fact, that’s what true love means. Letting someone be absolutely themselves. Giving them wings to fly. Supporting them every step of the way.
5. Makes you feel safe around them. I cannot really explain this feeling to you unless you’ve already felt it. You really have to experience it to know what I am talking about. It’s not about having someone to protect you from harm. It is about being completely yourself around someone and feeling completely safe that they would never take advantage of it.
6. Inspires you to be a better person. Hold on to this person. Hold on to them tightly and let them know that their presence in your life has brought you nothing but joy and motivation to chase your wildest dreams. If you are lucky to have this person in your life, you’ve hit the jackpot in life. Don’t ever take this love for granted.
7. Puts you on top of his priority list. Not to sound like a pessimist, but nowadays, true love is very hard to find. And it has everything to do with people choosing to forget the importance of life’s greatest values instead of nurturing them… The truth is, not everyone out there is capable of loving. And not every “I love you” really means something… So, if you’ve found someone who is not afraid to really open their heart, commit to you and love you the way you deserve, be grateful. Be aware of how much you have.