Confidence. A small word with a huge meaning.
Confidence is believing in yourself.
It’s knowing and accepting each and every part of your soul and heart. It is being aware of your strengths as well as weaknesses and not being afraid to show them to the world. It is being comfortable in your own skin. It’s not letting people’s opinions affect you.
Confidence is the most beautiful thing you can possess. Most importantly, unlike insecurities, confidence is silent.
Here are 5 things that all confident people do differently:
1. They don’t take anything personally. For they know how much they’re worth. They know exactly who they are in this world. They are perfectly aware that what other people talk about them is nothing but a reflection of those people. Nothing more than that. Still, they don’t put up with disrespect either. Confident people have strong, healthy boundaries. Whoever dares to violates them is not their friend.
2. They speak with certainty. You will never see a confident person drown in shame of not being able to explain something they claim or hear them utter, “Hm, well, I don’t know actually”. Do you know why? Because a confident person would never speak unless they are absolutely sure that the information they are trying to convey is well-grounded. It is that kind of values that build up their integrity.
3. They don’t seek attention. People who believe in themselves don’t need to be validated by others. They don’t need other people’s approval or praise. In fact, if there is anything they hate the most, that’s attention. Confident people know that being yourself is the most valuable thing you can do in your life. In the end, it is individuality and authenticity that matters the most. That’s what makes you YOU in this ocean of conformity.
4. They look for their happiness within. Happiness is a crucial factor in becoming self-confident. In fact, one cannot possibly exist without the other. When you focus on what makes your soul grow, you feel happy. When you feel happy, you realize that nothing else is worth more than those things that trigger the happy feelings inside of you. Not even people’s comments or expectations. And just like that, you start to feel this relief. You release yourself from “What would people think” and you finally accept yourself the way you are. No disguise, no mask, no shield. Only you and your flawed self.
5. They aren’t afraid of making mistakes. Because they know that a mistake is the best teacher we get in life. To them, a life spent without making mistakes is not a life worth living. For mistakes are nothing more than useful methods for learning. Without mistakes, we cannot possibly expect to move forward, to grow. Without mistakes or errors, there is no progress, nor achievement in life. Their failures are their stepping stones, not their setbacks.