Why are you desperately trying to change who you are so that others will like you?
Can’t you see that you are only causing yourself pain?
You are someone who has a unique soul. Someone who owns a heart of gold, something that is very rare nowadays. You are a human being whose eyes sparkle in a different color than the rest of the world. You are a gem and your differences are what makes you one of the rarest.
Your flaws are what define you. Why are you so ashamed to admit that they are a part of you? Why are you so afraid to let the world see your true colors?
I get it, you want to find love. That is something we all long for. But here’s the truth. In order to get someone to like you, and eventually love you, you have to fall in love with yourself first. You have to accept yourself for who you are, with all of your flaws, quirks, and imperfections.
If you want to attract the right people in your life, you have to…
1. Be your true self. If you want someone to love you for who you are, you first have to feel comfortable in your own skin. You have to know exactly who you are and appreciate your differences instead of covering them. You have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror without despising what you see and embrace yourself just the way you are. Strange, flawed, weird, imperfect.
2. Be honest. It takes real confidence and bravery to be honest. Especially in a world like hours. Because the truth is, people hate honesty. They are insulted by it. Their feelings are hurt, and they simply can’t handle it. Those people are not the kind of people you want in your life.
3. Be open-minded. Don’t be afraid to open yourself to all the possibilities. If you want to attract the right people in your life, you have to open both your soul and mind. You have to be more receptive and less judgmental. You have to start seeing the world through different lenses. You have to get out of your shelf and change your perspective.
4. Be willing to help. I am someone who believes in karma. I genuinely think that everything you do comes back to you. So, choose to do good deeds. Choose to help people. Most importantly, do it because it feels natural. Because it lights up your heart. Not because you expect others to praise you for helping. The right people will recognize your soul and fall in love with it.
5. Be compassionate and understanding. Try to remove yourself from the focal point and observe the world from a different perspective. You are not the only one that matters. Your emotions are not above other people’s emotions. If you want to attract the right people in your life, you first have to open your heart and start practicing selflessness.
6. Be humble. No one wants to be around an annoying, arrogant and pretentious person. This behavior is most likely to attract only arrogant and self-absorbed individuals in one’s life. If you want to attract the right people for you, you have to be humble. In other words, you have to be who you truly are. You have to calm your ego, hush your insecurities and listen to what your inner voice whispers. The ones who are meant to come into your life will hear that voice too.