Life is short, my friends. And if that’s not enough to wake you up and get you out of your comfort zone right now, here’s another one. You only get one life. No more. No less. You get one shot, one opportunity, one chance to make it right. To me, that means only one thing…
There is no other option but to make it good. Make it worth living. Make it a wonderful journey. One that will teach you the most valuable lessons there are and will gift you with lots of experience. One that will create the best version of yourself and inspire you to live your life to the fullest.
When you look back at it one day, you want to be able to say that you did it. You want to be satisfied with how much you’ve done. Deep down, you want to say “I don’t regret nothing because I’ve lived my life to the fullest.”
That’s why it all comes down to who you are at this moment. How much you are willing to give to create the life of your dreams and live it to the fullest. Here are seven simple ways how to do that:
1. Take good care of yourself. Your body, mind, and soul are the only places that you have to live. So, don’t take them for granted. Otherwise, you will never be able to live your life fully. If you are body is screaming for help, listen to it carefully. Be kind to yourself. Take good care of your mental, emotional, physical and spiritual being. You are all you’ve got.
2. Be true to yourself. The only way to create the life that you dream of is to first understand what your true self means. It is not living up to other people’s expectations, and it is not seeking validation. It is being brave to stand up for what you truly believe in.
3. Do the things you love. Most people spend their entire lives doing things they hate. They settle for mediocre relationships, they accept lame job opportunities… Put simply, they live average lives without even realizing that they alone hold the power to create the life they so desperately want. Living life to the fullest means doing exactly that.
4. Surround yourself with people who lift you, not put you down. You, my dear, are the average of the five people that you hang out with. So, if you are struggling to create the life that you want for yourself, it is perhaps time to reexamine your friendships. Cut off those who weigh you down and open your heart to the possibility of meeting new people.
5. Let go of things you cannot change. Accept that you don’t have control over all things that are happening to you. The sooner you do it, the better of you’ll be. Living life to the fullest is not only about holding onto things. It’s also about learning to let go as much as you want to hold on to.
6. Be grateful for everything that you have. You have to learn to appreciate the life that has been given to you. No matter how difficult it has been at times. No matter how many times you’ve been challenged, hurt or disappointed. Because the sun will always come out, no matter how dark the night was… The same goes for your life. If you are alive and well, have friends and family who love you, a roof over your head and food in front of you, you already have more than a lot of people do. Don’t take your blessings for granted. Instead, love the life that you live.
7. Become the best version of yourself. Trust me. You can and you will. But that’s only if you believe in yourself enough to get out of your comfort zone and face life’s challenges. To do that you must embrace change. You must let go of your fears, your insecurities, and your self-doubts and just dive in. You must learn to say yes more often, be open to feedback, work harder on yourself, take chances, try out new things, and ultimately you must be brave enough to leave your comfort zone for good…