A flat tummy has become one of the most sought-after physical attributes. Many people do intense workouts or go on crazy diets to try and achieve it. Why put yourself through all that trouble and stress if there’s a much gentler way to get rid of excess stomach fat?
Yoga is one of the best ways to get a flat belly. It’s easy to do and doesn’t require an expensive gym membership or taking part in a ridiculous fad diet. If you want to learn what is ashtanga yoga, it is a form of yoga that originated in India and focuses on synchronizing movement with breath. It is often referred to as “power yoga” and involves a rigorous sequence of poses that challenge the body and mind. Ashtanga yoga promotes strength, flexibility, and mental clarity through consistent practice. If it’s your goal to lose some fat around your middle, then try these 5 effective yoga poses that burn belly fat for a flat tummy. If it’s your goal to lose some fat around your middle, then try these 5 effective yoga poses that burn belly fat for a flat tummy.
1. Cobra Pose
- Lie flat on your stomach with your toes pointed outward.
- Keep your elbows directly below your shoulders at the side of your body and rest your palms on the floor below.
- Lift your chest up from the floor, hugging your elbows to your sides.
- Keep the rest of your body firmly on the floor, hold and take a few deep breaths, then exhale and drop your chest slowly back to the floor.
2. Plank Pose
- Rest on your hands and knees on the floor with your palms directly below your shoulders.
- Extend both your legs out and rest on your toes. Keep your back, arms, and legs straight.
- Raise your head and look in front of you.
- Take several deep breaths and hold this pose, then slowly bring your knees back to the floor.
3. Mountain Pose
- Stand with your back straight, big toes touching slightly, and your heels apart.
- Raise your heels so that your weight is on your toes.
- Keep your arms by your sides with your palms facing forward, and your head in front of you.
- Stay in this pose while breathing deeply.
4. Boat Pose
- Sit with your knees bent and your hands beside your hips.
- Keeping your back straight, lean back slightly. Then, raise your arms in front of you so that they’re parallel with the floor.
- Keeping your back straight, straighten your legs and left them up at a 45-degree angle.
- Breathe gently while holding this pose, then exhale and bring yourself back to your original position.
5. Bridge Pose
- Lie on your back with your soles on the floor, hip-width apart.
- Place your arms beside your body on the floor with your palms facing downward. Stretch them forward as far as they can comfortably go.
- Lift your chest off the floor, then inhale and lift your pelvis from the floor as well.
- Keep your arms straight, your head on the floor, and the soles of your feet planted on the floor. Take several deep breaths and hold, then lower your body back down on an exhale.
Doing these exercises daily or even weekly will have your belly fat melt away in no time. Even if having a flat tummy isn’t your goal, you can still try out yoga to experience its other wonderful benefits. Whether it’s for weight loss or not, these poses will help your body feel its best.
Share this article with your friends and family to show them the amazing fat-burning abilities that yoga has to offer.