1. Self-care is on the top of your list of priorities. You are focused on loving yourself and taking care of your physical, mental and emotional health.
2. You don’t accept apologies if they are not being followed by action.
3. You don’t nod when others complain and talk negatively about their lives. You no longer entertain negativity and you don’t surround yourself with people who are constantly whining over everything.
4. You don’t justify your behavior and your actions. You don’t own explanations as to why you date a certain person or why you decided to quit your job. You realize now that other people’s opinions don’t matter. Your life is your life and you are the only person responsible for it.
5. You are not the martyr and peacemaker anymore. You no longer feel the need to resolve any conflict that arises and calm down anyone that is upset.
6. You ‘ghost’ people to who you don’t owe an explanation. You know that the kind and the mature thing is to tell them why you decide that you’ll no longer speak to them, but there are people who are aggressive, combative and who don’t respect your decision. With those people, the best thing is to just remove yourself from their presence and cut every communication with them.
7. You go home when you feel like it. Also, you don’t go out when you don’t want to go out. You no longer feel the need to explain yourself and come up with excuses as to why you prefer to spend a night alone at your home than partying with your friends.
8. You immediately correct other people when they make false assumptions about you.
9. You don’t reply to text messages right away. This doesn’t make you a rude person. It makes you someone who has a life and is not glued to their phone.
10. You are constantly changing and growing as a person. You are nothing like you were last year or two years ago. You are always learning new things and changing the things in your life that you have outgrown.
11. You don’t find comfort in alcohol when you are upset or lonely.
12. You don’t live up to other people’s expectations of you. Their perspectives and their way of living their lives are their own and you are your own person with your own opinions and values.
13. You don’t care about what other people think of your life choices.
14. You are not complacent. You are very vocal when it comes to injustice and you are always standing up for yourself and you help others in need.
15. But you are also stepping out of arguments online because you know that commenting and arguing online is futile.
16. You post whatever the f*ck you want on social media.
17. You don’t engage with people you don’t like. You refuse to waste your energy and time on people who bring you down.
18. You say ‘no’ when you want to say ‘no.’
19. You say ‘I don’t know’ when you don’t know something.
20. You express your creativity freely.
21. You don’t support over-consumption as a coping mechanism.
22. You don’t play the victim.
23. You wear what you want to wear without caring about your body shape. Because you love and accept yourself as you are. Flaws and all.
24. You no longer feel frustrated when someone doesn’t like you.
25. You don’t make a priority someone who only sees you as an option.
26. You are always kind to other people.
27. You take full responsibility for your life. You don’t let anyone make decisions for you. You take risks and you stand by every single decision you made.
28. You don’t obsess over making someone love you.
29. You don’t care about what people think about you. You are living your life by your rules and you are doing things that make you happy and fulfill you from the inside.
30. You no longer hold yourself back with procrastination, laziness, and bad habits.
Should you have any questions or would like to ask me for advice or hear my opinion on a topic that is important to you, don’t hesitate to send me an email to [email protected] and I’ll be happy to help you.