1. Love is not enough to justify yourself and try to keep someone who apparently doesn’t want to be with you.
2. Words are empty if they are not backed up by actions. Not anyone who says they love you and want to build a future of you is serious. Look at their actions, and then make your judgment.
3. Don’t sacrifice who you are just for the sake of being in a relationship with someone. You’ll lose yourself in the process and that’s the worst thing that you can do to yourself.
4. You can be sure that there is something terribly wrong with the relationship if it drains you, feels like it is one-sided and unhealthy, but you can’t seem to find the courage to leave it behind.
5. Your gut already knows everything you need to know. Trust it.
6. If your friends and family don’t like them, then it’s time for a re-evaluation of the relationship because apparently there is something they see which you don’t
7. If you are constantly feeling anxious whenever you two are not together, then this is a red flag. Your intuition is probably trying to tell you something and clearly, you don’t trust them.
8. Never be with someone who doesn’t value their family and doesn’t understand the importance of a family. If they don’t respect their family how can you expect to respect you?
9. If one moment you are feeling high and the next you are feeling low – it’s toxic and you should leave before it’s too late.
10. Don’t fall in love with the potential you see in someone. Don’t fall in love with the idea of someone. You can’t expect a person to change and become the way you want them to be.
11. How people behave after the breakup will reveal their true colors and show you who they really are. If they acted arrogant, selfish, and cruel, then probably they are.
12. Every once in a while you have to stop for a moment and question your relationship and the person you are with. Is this a person with whom you see a future?
13. Someone’s temper says a lot about them. Observe them carefully.
14. In the long run, opposites don’t always attract.
15. If your partner has a flaw that bothers you and it is a red flag to you, don’t expect them to change.
16. Don’t pretend you are okay with something you clearly aren’t.
17. If you find yourself in a situation when you are constantly making excuses for them and trying to defend them in front of your family and friends – they are not the one for you.
18. Never let anyone tell you that your dreams are not real and that you should give up on them.
19. You may feel a little lost after leaving a toxic person behind. The pain might be a trigger for you to go back to them. Please, don’t!
20. After walking away from a toxic relationship, you’ll never settle for less again.
21. Finally, after some time, you’ll realize that the breakup was the best thing that ever happened to you. Finally, you are free.