To all of you who are just starting to live your life, and to some of you desperately need a little nudge to go back to reality, listen.
It sounds brutal, but life isn’t all pink skies and rainbows. It’s an unpredictable event. It’s exactly what happens while you’re busy making other plans. It pushes you down and then it rises you to the top. It gives, but then it takes away.
It is difficult. But, we all fight our own battles. We all lose our inspiration to create and our motivation to fight. We all face the same consequence.
So, here is everything you need to know. This might strike you hard, but once you acknowledge and start practicing these 20 brutal truths about our existence, you’ll approach life from a different angle.
1. You will die. I’m sorry to inform you, but I believe that you’re not an immortal being. So, you’ll eventually die. There’s no escape from that. No matter how much you try to make your life perfect, one day it will end.
2. Everyone else is going to die. We will all face the same destiny. There will come a day when all of us will be gone. So, make sure you let these people know how you feel while they are here. Don’t take anyone for granted. Tomorrow might never come.
3. Money won’t make you happy. I think we’d all agree that being miserable and wealthy is better than just being miserable and poor. But wealth will never help you find your happiness. Money may comfort you for a while, but they will never buy you your happiness. You’ll only find it within you.
4. Focus on spending your time, not your money. You’ll never be powerful enough to bring back the time you recklessly wasted. So, make sure you spend it wisely.
5. You will never please everyone. No matter how hard you try, you’ll never be good enough for some people. And that is fine. You shouldn’t be 100% likeable. That shows that you’re true to yourself.
6. Don’t be afraid to express your feelings. You are a human being made of flesh, blood and palpitating heart. Don’t deny those feelings inside of you. Embrace them and express them. Let the world see you for who you really are.
7. Searching for your happiness will only prevent you from finding it. Just let it be. Let the universe unfold your path and help you start your journey. Don’t force yourself to find happiness. It will come to you when you least expect it.
8. Stop playing the victim and take total control of your actions. Own up to your mistakes and take responsibility for you everything you say and do.
9. Stop chasing impossible ideals. Perfection doesn’t exist. This world is made to be flawed. We’re made to be flawed. Nature is created to be flawed. But, you know what? Flaws are the best part. Flaws are what make us different.
10. Don’t waste your talent. If you are good at something, do your best to pursue your passion and reach your full potential.
11. Forget the past. Live in the now. It’s all that really matters and it’s all we have. The past is long gone and forgotten, and the future is out of our reach. Focus on what you have now!
12. Stop complaining, no one really cares how hard your life is. Because, guess why? We all suffer, we all fight our battles, we all have our own issues, traumas, fears, insecurities. Very few people in your life will actually care about your problems, so try to find a way to help yourself.
13. Don’t be selfish. Your knowledge won’t decrease if you share it with the world, it will only broaden and help the ones in need.
14. Don’t forget to invest in yourself. Because if you don’t do it, no one else will bother to do it.
15. Sh*t happens, but it depends on your reaction whether you’ll start playing the blame game or you’ll just accept the consequences and move on regardless. It’s a matter of choices and perspectives.
16. Remember, dreams only work when you do. Don’t waste your time sitting and waiting for success to come to you. Get up, grab life by the balls and work harder for the things you want.
17. Be grateful for everything life has given you. Appreciate the things you have. Some people dream about living your life.
18. It doesn’t matter if you’re a billionaire, you can’t take your money to the grave. So, please don’t forget how to live. Don’t forget to be humane. Don’t let money control you and change you. It’s not worth it. You have only one life to live. So, make it a good one.
19. Devote your time to more important causes.
20. But, whatever you do… don’t lose yourself. Stand your ground and know your worth. You are you. You are whole.
Image: Molto Torres