Many people struggle with depression nowadays. Even if they look that they are just fine on the outside, you’ll never know what they are hiding on the inside – what battles are they fighting that you know nothing about.
High functioning depression is a real issue and people who are dealing with it deal with a lot of pain and stress on a daily basis while trying to look “normal.”
So, below you’ll find 15 things that are common for all you if you are battling with high functioning depression every day.
1. Just because you look like you are okay, it doesn’t mean that you are okay. It is like you are constantly trying to show people that you are feeling fine, even though inside you are breaking.
2. You are always on the verge of breaking down. You struggle so hard every day to keep your emotions bottled up so that you don’t burst into tears.
3. That makes you really cranky at times. And it is not your fault. It is your depression that makes you feel irritated at everything and everyone.
4. It doesn’t matter whether you are happy or sad – your mind is constantly overthinking. You are fighting a battle with your mind daily trying to shut your mind off and calm down. However, you pretend that you are doing just fine because you don’t want others to think you are going crazy.
5. Just because other people can’t see the symptoms, it doesn’t mean that the disease is “only in your mind.” It is real. Depression is real, and everyone should be aware of that.
6. You are always there supporting others, but when it comes to you – it is hard to support yourself. You can help anyone and be there for anyone. But you can’t seem to be able to help yourself and be that caring for yourself like you are with others.
7. Just because you were fine yesterday, it doesn’t mean that you are going to be fine today. That’s the course of depression. One day you can be happy, only to break down the next.
8. Similarly, just because you managed to be productive today, it doesn’t mean that you are no longer struggling inside. Even the most productive people have its downfalls and internal battles that they fight each and every day. Never assume that someone is okay only because his exterior says so.
9. Your depression can come unprovoked at any time. It can happen unexpectedly at any time of the day. And a breath of air or going for a walk doesn’t help.
10. Sometimes you give your all to go on and improve your condition, but you feel like are always failing. You really don’t want to be depressed. You do your everything to stay strong, keep your balance and deal with your emotions.
11. Because you don’t want to feel that way. You want to be better. You want to be happy and joyful. You want to get your smile back.
12. Right now, you are stressing over every little thing. You just can’t help yourself. You are not able to control your mind from obsessing over the most trivial things. You worry and worry constantly.
13. That worrying costs you a lot of energy. It is absolutely draining. You are emotionally and mentally exhausted all the time.
14. You are ashamed to ask for help. You are afraid that others will judge you and look down on you. Even worse, that they will tell you that “it is all in your head” and that you are imagining things up.
15. But, don’t forget that you are brave! You must keep on going and taking care of yourself no matter what.
Image: Bettina Dupont
Latest posts by Mary Wright (see all)
- Yes, I Still Miss You But I Get Why We Stopped Talking To Each Other - 01/21/2019
- Being Surrounded With More Books Than You’ll Have Time To Read Is A Sign Of Great Intelligence - 01/21/2019
- In This School Misbehaved Students Don’t Get Suspended, They Meditate And Its Results Are Amazing - 01/21/2019