7 obvious signs that you are being emotionally manipulated by your own partner:
1. They say one thing, but end up doing completely another. In most cases, their actions don’t match their words. And that is the first sign that the person you are with might actually be manipulating you. If they talk sweet to you but never ever keep their promises, be careful. This person is not to be trusted.
2.No matter what you do, you are always the bad guy. Whatever happens, even if they are the ones responsible for something, the only person that gets blamed is you. It’s always you. No matter what. No one knows how they do it, but they always manage to turn things around and make it seem like they are the victim, not you.
3. They know your deepest fears and insecurities and they use them against you. They know how to get close to you and they know exactly how to make you feel comfortable enough to open up. And just you think it’s safe and let them in, they strike unexpectedly. They take advantage of and use everything you once shared with them against you. You must stay away from this person. They don’t mean you well.
4. You are always responsible for the way they behave. That’s their most powerful tactic to keep you under control. Gaslighting, guilt-tripping, call it the way you want it… It’s all a part of their manipulation games.
5. They play with your feelings. They know what you like and they know what you dislike. They know what scares you and what gives you power. They know everything about you and that gives them the advantage. It is important to know that they don’t do this out of love. These people are not capable of loving. They do it because it makes them feel dominant, superior.
6. They constantly blackmail you with their ultimatums. People like this don’t compromise. They don’t agree to disagree. It is their way or nothing. So, the more you try to make things even, the more they are going to push you in whichever direction they see fit. You can protest all you want, but in the end, it’s always going to be their way.
7. They don’t care how you feel or what you think. They don’t care about your ideas, your suggestions, your opinions about anything. The only thing that matters is how they feel and what they think about a certain thing. It is important to know that a person like this would never ever wait for you to think something through. In some cases, they won’t even ask for your opinion. So, if you are familiar with this behavior, you better examine your relationship. The person next to you might not be worthy of your love, after all.