It’s hard. Those who have felt it on their skin, know exactly what I am talking about. Your heart races. It starts to pound like it’s going to burst out of your chest. Your hands and knees suddenly become weak. Your lips get dry. You can’t breathe. All of a sudden, your temperature rises and it feels like your head is going to explode… It’s called anxiety and you’d be surprised how many of the people you know actually live with it…
This one goes to you, my fellow anxiety sufferers… I know exactly how you feel. Right now, things are harder than ever. We’re witnessing the greatest transformation that this world has ever been through. But we’re in this together. So, even though we don’t really know each other… I want you to know that I am here for you… I will always be here for you.
Here are 17 things you need to remind yourself when anxiety takes over:
1. You are stronger than you think. You can and you will survive this.
2. Everything in life is temporary. This too shall pass. And even more quickly if you accept it.
3. You are fine, my dear. You are safe. You can take care of yourself just well. The power is within you.
4. The past and the future cannot hurt you. They can only mess up your mind. That is if you let them.
5. Your anxiety is not something that you should be ashamed of. It is your body trying to protect you.
6. Your thoughts will only hurt you if you let them. They have no meaning attached to them until you give them one.
7. Worrying and pitying yourself will not change the current situation. It will only prolong your suffering.
8. Also, that thing that you are worried about is just temporary. Who knows what tomorrow might bring? No one, that’s why you need to patient.
9. You may not see it right now, but you, my dear, are stronger than you think.
10. It is okay to be confused. Not having life figured out is not something that should worry you. Stay calm and take one step at a time.
11. Things are not as bad as they seem. You just have to shift your perspective.
12. You have more than you need right now. If you have air, water, food, clothing, and shelter, you have it all.
13. When you think about it, it’s not all black. There are many positive sides to this story as well. Make sure you focus on that.
14. You are loved. Just think about all of the people who would do anything to protect you.
15. Having faith in yourself is an antidote to anxiety. Trust yourself that you can and you will.
16. Don’t be afraid to let it all out if you feel that way. Write it down, sing it out, draw it, paint it, or dance it off. Whatever lifts you up and gives you the strength to move on.
17. And always remember. You are not alone. We’re in this together. And we’ll make it. I promise!