I recently had a thought-provoking conversation with a very dear friend of mine. She had a 2-year relationship she decided to end exactly one month ago.
It was hard. It was painful. But it was exactly what she needed. Because it gave her freedom.
So, I was inspired to give you a piece of advice to all of you lovers and fighters out there.
Finding true love is a truly remarkable thing in life. It is important to experience the magic of finding the only soulmate in your life. However, it is much more important to get to know yourself before you start your journey of love.
Self-love can be achieved only when you find time to truly understanding your needs, desires, fears, opinions, and beliefs.
So, until you find true, genuine love, make sure to devote your life on self-growth and be the most single “single girl “you can ever be!
1. Don’t waste your years desperately searching for Mr. Right. Focus on what you need. On what you want. On what you crave for. Learn to live in the moment
The right one will eventually show up. Love will surprise you when you least expect it.
2. A loving relationship and a powerful bond with a person may be the most amazing thing in life, but it’s definitely not the only thing worth living for. There are more important things in life.
Don’t forget about your future plan. Your dreams. Your deepest desires. All the places you want to go. Your long and colorful bucket list. Start checking those things off!
3. Until you find a relationship, be the most single “single girl “ever because it is your time to shine. This is the one time in your life where you can be selfish about your needs and truly devote yourself to making the best of life. Every decision you need to make depends on you. Use your time wisely.
4. Live your life to the fullest. But, don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying that once you start a relationship you’ll start missing out on life. Falling in love doesn’t mean giving up on your life.
But, there’s a certain attraction and blessing in experiencing a long “single” phase in your life. You get to experience everything life has to offer without restraining yourself. You get to live your life the way you intend to, without having to deal with another person’s opinion. You are completely free to choose your path.
5. Be your number one priority. And don’t give a single damn if others think that’s selfish. You are free to do whatever the hell you want with your life. Because you are the most important person in your life.
Discover yourself. Find out what sets you on fire. Embrace and observe your weaknesses. Work on your strengths. Re-invent yourself.
6. Be happy no matter what your relationship status is. You shouldn’t depend on your partner for happiness. The real happiness and peace of mind can be found within you. Only you have the power to unleash it.
7. Don’t wait to finally start living your life. Don’t dwell on your past and your lost loves. Don’t wait for the future, because the time is NOW. You have this exact second, this minute this hour, this day to do whatever you feel like doing.
Don’t waste your time holding on to things that don’t exist. Focus on what you can change. Start living your life.
8. Do whatever the hell you want when you want it. It is your life. It is your decision. So, why wouldn’t you do it?
Try everything. Allow yourself to have a taste of life and choose which flavor you prefer the most.
9. Be in charge of your life. Your singlehood is literally your solo mission. You are the person who takes care of yourself. You analyze your choices. You make the mistakes. You suffer the consequences. You enjoy the perks. You celebrate your victories.
10. Take care of yourself. You are young once. And at some point, your single days will also be over.
Use this time to fully understand what is it that you need from life. Listen to your innermost feelings and follow your intuition. Be carefree. Be on your own. Satisfy your needs. Follow your passions.
Until you find true love, be the most single “single girl” you can and dedicate your life to self-growth.