There have been moments in our lives where each and every one of us have felt lost. There have been days, months and in some cases even years where we’ve struggled to find our light. I know this because that is what I’ve been going through until recently.
It was tough. Pretty damn tough. Unlike anything I’ve experienced.
And to be honest, it took me a lot of time, work and courage to say what I am about to say.
Finding yourself is something that you must do in your life. But sometimes, it’s not as easy as it seems. Because sometimes the best way to find yourself is to surrender and let life guide your way.
In moments like these, the only thing you can do is let go of the need to control everything and just be…
Here are some of the things that will help you achieve that state of mind:
1. Detox your mind and soul from all the negativity. Get rid of all those discouraging and harmful voices inside your head. I know it is easier said than done, but you cannot expect any change until you go out of your comfort zone and actually face your demons. Confront them, accept them as a part of you, release them and move on. That’s the only way you’ll find your direction again.
2. Have faith in yourself. You don’t wake up one day suddenly believing in yourself. It takes time, patience and most importantly, hard work. It takes self-acceptance, self-love, and self-awareness. So, what are you waiting for? Start the journey already. Take a look at yourself and notice the things that make you feel good about you. Remind yourself that you are worthy. Dig deep inside yourself and find your light within.
3. Express your emotions freely. Don’t bottle up your feelings. Don’t torture yourself thinking that the more you suppress, the easier your life will be. Want the truth? It might be right now, but not in the long run. The more you bury parts of yourself instead of dealing with them, the more those unresolved issues will fester and make your life a living hell.
4. Try out new things. Dare to get out of your cozy, comfort zone. Dare to try the things that you’ve never ever done before. Letting yourself be more spontaneous and going with the flow means that you are not afraid of failure, but rather that you consider it an essential learning process. Well, be that person. Let go of the fear of the unknown. You can do this.
5. Do the things that warm your heart and put a smile on your face. Pursue your interests and for the first time in your life let yourself be free. Open your wings, embrace your freedom and fly higher than the sky. Let yourself enjoy the things that you love most. Let your passions consume you and help you become the person that you’ve always wanted to be. Surrender yourself completely and let life guide the way.
If you enjoyed this article, feel free to share it with your loved ones.