Best friends play the most important role in our lives. They are there to hold our hand and to guide us through the darkness when we’re too weak to do it ourselves. They are here to lift us up when we don’t have the strength to pick ourselves and keep moving. They are here to share our sadness the same way they share our happiness.
They are our life companions. People that we cannot imagine our lives without.
In my life, I’ve met a lot of people. Some of them became my friends, some broke my heart and some just left. At this moment I can say that I am blessed to be surrounded by people that I care for. However, if someone asked me to point which of them are particularly dear to me, I would say that the only people who will always have a special place in my heart are the real ones.
The sarcastic ones. The blunt ones. The people who have the guts to always tell it like it is.
These are the people who make my life better. Why?
1. They never sugarcoat the truth. They are always honest and blunt. No matter how scary the truth is or how much it may hurt me. Sarcastic friends are people who always tell it like it is. They will never ever dare to lie to me in my face, for my own sake. People like these don’t believe in white lies. That is what makes them the best people to be around.
2. They don’t get everything so personally. A person like this will not only say things in your face, but they will also expect you to do the same for them. Honesty is one of the essential values in their lives. They would never get offended by the truth. Sharing the truth with them will only make them respect and cherish you even more.
3. They inspire me to always think out of the box. The best people in my life are definitely my sarcastic friends. It is not only because they are always there to call me out on my BS and point out my mistakes. But also because they motivate me to look further than my eyes can see. These people have helped me find my inner strength, think outside of the box and get out of my comfort zone.
4. They always got my back. I’ve had many friends in my life. But no one has been there for me the way these people are. Sarcastic friends say things the way they are. That is why I know that I could never expect anything else but the truth from them. And that, my friends, is what true love means. Deep down I know that they will never do something to hurt me. Deep down I know that these people will always have my back, no matter what.
5. They know exactly when to shut off the sarcasm and be serious. What makes them real friends, the kind everyone wants to be surrounded with is the fact that these people know exactly when to turn on or turn off the sarcasm. If they enjoy sarcasm and a different kind of humor that doesn’t mean that they are inconsiderate of other people’s feelings. In fact, it is my belief that sarcastic people are the most compassionate, caring and thoughtful human beings. They will never abandon you when you need them.