It’s true. Whether we like it or not, many things in life are mediocre. No matter how much we try to make them extraordinary, sometime we can’t help but settle for less than we deserve. We know that’s the best we can do at the moment, so we learn to live with it until we are strong enough to make the step and change something.
It happened to me and I am sure that it happened to all of you too.
But there’s one thing that I’ll never understand.
People settling in relationships they don’t want to be in.
This makes me sad, tears my soul apart, but at the same time, it also makes me very angry. There may be many things in life that are average. But love should never be one of those things. Love should encourage us, lift us up, inspire us to become a better version of ourselves. Love should help us open our wings and fly.
We all deserve to have these things in a relationship:
1. A human being who loves us as much as we love them. A person who feels the butterflies in their stomach every time they see you and kiss you. Someone who is thrilled to spend their life beside you and share every experience that life has to offer with you.
2. Open communication. Each and every one of us deserves to feel the bliss of having an intimate and heartfelt conversation with a person who truly understands us. For there is no better feeling than being heard.
3. Laughter. Here’s what no one tells you. Relationships are not only hard work, sacrifices, responsibilities, and vows. Relationships are also about being friends with your partner, laughing until your stomach hurts and simply having fun. Laughter is the glue that keeps people together.
4. Mutual understanding. We all deserve to be accepted and respected for who we truly are. No matter how different our opinions are, how imperfect our world is or how flawed we are, we all need someone who will hold our hand and let us know that everything will be okay.
5. Passion. Love should never be average. It should never make us feel like we’re not enough. Love should burn bright. It should be mad, fiery, passionate, extraordinary and wild. Anything less than that is simply not worth it.
6. Trust. Without trust, there can be no relationship. There can be no love. Trust is the very foundation of a connection. Mutual trust is knowing that no matter what life faces you with, you can overcome it because as long as you trust, support and love each other, anything is possible. You deserve to have that in life. Don’t give up on love.
7. Freedom. We all deserve to have a partner who will not only understand us but will also encourage us to take let down our guards and be exactly who we are in front of them. Weak. Vulnerable. Fragile. Shy. Insecure. Different.