Here’s my story.
I’ve been hurt one too many times. I’ve loved from the very bottom of my heart, but each time I was disappointed. I’ve trusted people I shouldn’t trust. I’ve given too many chances to people that barely even deserved the first. I’ve invested all my time and energy into relationships that brought me nothing but pain and sorrow. I’ve given chances. I’ve accepted people’s apologies. I’ve said yes when my mind said no.
I’ve been through it all. And I know exactly how bitter disappointment tastes.
So this is me giving up on everything… This is me saying that I am finally done. I am no longer capable of doing all this. I am no longer capable of giving my heart to people who cannot love me back. I am no longer the same person I once was.
So, if you like me and you want to be with me, there are a few things that you must first understand…
1. I am cautious for a reason. I’ve been mistreated by men who I thought loved me. I’ve been deceived by friends who I thought respected me. I’ve forgiven things that should never be accepted. And after a long time of learning lessons in my life, I am finally here. I may be scarred for life but I am twice as wiser. I am cautious because that is what life has taught me.
2. I tend to hold a lot of emotions in until I feel safe. I’ve survived many heartbreaks in life. That is what shaped me into the person I am today. Wise. Responsible. Doubtful. Guarded. And a bit scared. If you want to be with me, you have to understand that opening up will not be easy for me.
3. I am very intuitive. I am no stranger to people who only want to play games. It was exactly those experiences in life that knocked me down. That is what helped me strengthen my intuition. I am no longer that silly, naive girl who once believed everything people say. I know a liar when I see one.
4. Honesty and kindness mean everything to me. If you are not honest and kind with other people just like you are with me, don’t bother chasing me. I will never accept to be in a relationship with a person who does not respect people. Your character and your heart are much more important to me than your physical appearance. I have zero tolerance for toxic behavior.
5. I want to trust people, but sometimes my fear of getting burned once again forces me to have my doubts. Even if you’ve assured me that your feelings are genuine, I will still need some time to start trusting you. I’ve lost my heart too many times to allow myself to trust someone so blindly once again. You have to fight to deserve my trust and love if you want to be with me.
6. I have a lot of love to give to the one who will deserve it. You have no idea how much love I have inside of my heart. The only thing I need is a person who will be willing to accept it and cherish it. Someone who will love me twice as much and won’t hesitate to show that to me.
7. I’ve been through the worst, but I am still hopeful that one day I will find the best. I am proud of myself for being strong enough to survive through all of those hard times in my life. Looking back, I have no idea how I managed to do so, but I know that if I had to go back, I would never change a thing. I’ve been through the worst; I’ve risen up like a phoenix from the ashes and I haven’t lost my hopes. The best is yet to come.
8. I need you to be patient. There will be times when you won’t have the slightest idea how to help me, there will be times when you feel lost, and there will also be times when you probably think that I don’t care. But none of that will be true. The thing is… I will need you to find it in your heart and understand me. Your patience will mean the world to me. If you manage to do that for me, I will love you from the bottom of my heart.