You are special.
Yes, you. You, the one reading this article. You, the one who just clicked on it hoping to find solace in someone else’s words. You, the one who often forget how worthy you are.
You, my love, are special. And yet you don’t see it.
You’ve been brought up into this world being you. A perfect little bundle of joy who was incapable of doing anything but being in that exact moment. You had no idea what the world was. You had no idea what your body is. You just existed, breathed and explored.
You were just a human being. A blank piece of paper…
And then you started growing. But while you explored and expanded into your world, people started filling you up with their beliefs, expectations, opinions, fears, insecurities, many of which had nothing to do with who you are as a person. The worst part is, they still do, and you believe them…
You are not what they say you are… So, please. Forget what people say and be whoever the hell you want to be. And if you feel like you cannot find your true self, just follow my lead…
1. Remind yourself of how special you are. There is no one out there quite the same as you. You are a unique combination of skills, gifts, talents, experiences, opinions, and flaws. You are the only one who thinks the way you think. The only one who talks the way you talk. The only one who loves the way you love. And that’s kind of a big deal if you ask me.
2. Create your own positive affirmations and repeat them every day. I know, it sounds cliché. I’ll be honest, I never believed they actually worked. Until I felt it on my own skin. Affirmations do work and they are the best thing you can do for yourself. If you want to change your life for the better, you have to start by rewiring your brain and training it to work differently.
3. Do the things that make your heart smile. Have you any idea how much you actually harm yourself by refraining yourself from doing the things you love? Stop drowning in misery and self-pity. Stop letting yourself down. You only have one life to live. Do whatever you want to do.
4. Don’t compare yourself to other people. It is absolutely none of your business what people do in their life and how they choose to live. Just as it is none of other people’s business what you do in your life and how you choose to live. So, stop comparing your journey to theirs. Stop comparing your uniqueness to theirs. Follow your path, enjoy the adventure and learn from your lessons. Comparison will only suck the life out of you.
5. Learn to forgive yourself. You’ve made many mistakes. So, what? You are a human being. You’ve been born with the ability to make mistakes. But guess what? You and only you have the ability to fix them. So, please get over it. Quit those guilt trips and self-pity games and just forgive yourself. Tomorrow is a new day. A new chance to make it right. Don’t miss it.
6. Ditch self-doubt for good. Get rid of your self-deprecating humor. Hush the inner critic. How do you expect to move forward and live a life that you actually enjoy if your standard response to everything that you do is “I’m so stupid, I hate myself”? Free yourself from all the drama and the conviction that you are not good enough. You are more than enough. You just have to believe in yourself.
7. Love yourself more and more each day. For self-love is the key to your happiness.