In a world where everyone judges you for being who you are, forgive yourself for your mistakes. In a world where you are never enough, no matter what you do, accept yourself and all of your imperfections. In a world where you are constantly forced to change in order to fit the mold, please everyone’s expectations and satisfy the standards, find the strength to resist the pressure.
Learn to love yourself. Be grateful for who you are and what you have. Count your blessings. Forgive yourself for your mistakes. Pick your battles wisely. Be kind to yourself as you are to others. You are already doing your best.
Here are 7 ways to start doing that today:
1. Create boundaries. And I mean healthy boundaries. Isolate yourself from everything and everyone that makes you feel bad about yourself and gives you headaches. Take some time to recharge from the world. And keep in mind that the people who suck the life out of you are not people you want to be around.
2. Ask for help and more importantly accept help. I know it’s not always easy to ask for help or simply accept it, but in times like these, in times when your spirits are low, don’t hesitate to do that. Sometimes we are not strong enough to take care of ourselves. Let others do it.
3. Treat yourself more than often. You, my dear, are worthy. You are worthy of love. Worthy of kindness. Worthy of happiness. Worthy of a nice, quiet life. Worthy of success. Worthy of everything wonderful in life. Don’t be afraid to ask for all of this. You deserve it.
4. Take some time for yourself. No one, I repeat no one can go full speed in life without taking a break every once in a while. We are nothing but humans. Our bodies, as well as our minds, need to rest in order to recharge. You are allowed some time out. That’s the only way to come back stronger and fly even higher.
5. Stop the destructive criticism. We all make mistakes. It is what makes us human after. Embrace your flawlessness and stop beating yourself up for your wrongdoings. Instead of blaming yourself for not being extra cautious, learn from them. The road to success is paved with mistakes and failures. That’s how we gather knowledge and come back stronger.
6. Listen to your gut. Intuition. Inner voice. Hunch. Whatever you want to call it. Yes, listen to that still, small voice inside. I guarantee you that it will always tell you the truth, no matter what. And always remember. You are not paranoid, nor you are crazy. It is just your body picking up on some strange vibrations and preparing you for every possible situation in life. Don’t ignore it.
7. Celebrate your victories. No matter how small or insignificant they may seem. If you’ve achieved something that you’ve worked hard on, recognize your efforts. Even if others find them unworthy of even mentioning. If you made yourself proud, make sure you celebrate your success the way you want to.