Ah, friends. The most important people in our lives. Our guardian angels. Our soulmates. Our kindred spirits. Our forever companions.
Some say your best friends are those who are always there for you, there to support you, there to lift you up, there to tell you that you are the best, there to show you off to the world, there to be proud of you.
Well, they are not wrong. But if you ask me, best friends are those who also tell you the truth, no matter how painful it is. Those who don’t see a point in sugarcoating it. Those who know that a brutal thruth will always be a better remedy than a comforting lie. Best friends are those who are honest and straightforward no matter what. Those who are sometimes blunt to the point of rudeness but will do literally anything to stop you from hurting yourself.
So, here’s a shout out to all of our blunt friends. I don’t know where we would have been without you!
These are 7 reasons why they are the best people in your life:
1. They genuinely care about you. They care about you more than many other people in your life. The thing about them is that while they might not express their emotions the way you do, they still love you.
2. They don’t sugarcoat the truth. They never waste time trying to chew out the harsh parts of the truth for you. They speak up their mind and they say everything they have to your face, whether you like it or not. That’s what makes them the best people to be around.
3. They know exactly what they want from life. Your blunt friends are not the kind of people who believe that faith will give them exactly what they need. They don’t want around for faith. They go out and get the work done on their own. They make things happen for themselves.
4.They will never lie to make you feel better. Blunt friends could never lie to you as fake friends do. The minute a lie comes out of their mouths, you will know it. For they will not be able to utter it. It’s just the way they are, it’s just the way they’ve always been. Open. Honest. Brutal, but caring.
5.They know exactly how to put a smile of your face. They might be harsh, but they know you. They know each and every part of you. Everything you like, everything you dislike, everything you love, and everything you hate. They know what makes your soul smile and what makes your heart ache with pain. They know how you breathe. They know what you need. And even though sometimes their tough love feels overwhelming, they are the only people that can put a real smile on your face.
6. They are not afraid to say I am sorry when they are wrong. They apologize and they do it from the heart. When these people are wrong, they don’t find it hard to own up to their mistakes. Instead, they accept their own fault and do their best to clean up the mess they’ve made.
7. Changes don’t scare them. They don’t fear the unknown. Quite the opposite, they look forward to exploring it. Blunt people are not scared of the future. They do not live their lives in fear. They believe that embracing life as it is and accepting the changes is the only way to find peace.
This goes out to you, blunt friends! I really don’t know where we would have been if it weren’t for you!