“What irritated me most in that entire situation was the fact that I wasn’t feeling humiliated, or annoyed, or even fooled. Betrayal was what I felt, my heart was broken not just by a guy I was in love with, but also by, as I once believed, a true friend.”
Experiencing betrayal is one of the most difficult and painful things that a person can go through. The realization that someone with whom you thought you have something special, your lover, your partner-in-crime, your best friend has betrayed you can really hurt like a knife.
Here are 6 things that every person who has gone through a betrayal wish they’d known before they have fallen in love with a cheater.
1. They wish they wouldn’t have believed the cheater’s empty words and promises.
They wish they’d followed their intuition and their gut feeling that was telling them to run off from the cheater as fast as they can. They wish they hadn’t fallen for their sweet words and fake promises. They wish they’d been smart enough to act upon seeing all the red flags that were there in front of them.
2. They wish they had known that it was never their fault.
Because they were enough. The problem is not with them, but the cheater. Because no matter what is happening to one relationship – cheating is not a solution. There is always another way to solve everything that is missing. Breaking someone’s heart is not one of them.
3. They wish they had never given them another chance.
Because they never got over it. They never were able to forgive the cheater for backstabbing them. So, I guess the saying that even though you can forgive you can never really forget is real. A relationship or a marriage that is broken by cheating will often fail again.
4. They wish they had known that they would never be the same.
There is something that switches in a person that happens at the moment they discover they were cheated on that changes them instantly. Everything changes. Your relationship changes. You change. Nothing will ever be the same.
5. They wish they had known that they deserve someone much better than a cheater.
They deserve someone who would appreciate them. Loyalty is something that is common only for the genuine people. For those who have respect, integrity, and courage to fix things in a relationship and be honest with their partner. No self-respectable person deserves a low-value person like the cheater is.
- Dating an Overthinker Woman With A Big Heart And An Overthinking Mind Is Difficult But Worth It - 11/29/2022
- The Evil Mind Of The Narcissist And Their False World Based On Manipulation And Lies - 11/27/2022
- If You’re Not Happy With Your Life – Change It. It’s Your Responsibility To Do So - 11/17/2022