Human nature can be extraordinary and very thrilling, yet we are familiar with just about the half of it. In fact, there are tons of information and facts that will remain a mystery if we don’t bother to investigate much further. Especially about the peculiarity of the human nature.
Psychology is one of the most relevant fields when it comes to understanding the uniqueness of the human psyche. And despite being entertaining to us it is also very important to comprehend the power of our minds.
See, knowledge is limitless and free. So, we did a little digging and gathered the most fascinating psychology facts about the human nature that you never knew of and are guaranteed to blow your mind.
Are you ready?
1. A friendship that started in the period between 16 and 28 years of age is more likely to last forever compared to others.
2. If you can’t control your thoughts at night, get up, get yourself a textbook and write them down. It will help you calm your mind, so you can fall asleep easier.
3. Listening to high-frequency music can make you feel rejuvenated, peaceful and happier.
4. A sloppy handwriting is a result of an intelligent mind. The smarter the person is, the faster their brain works and the sloppier their handwriting is.
5. Women possess twice as much pain receptors in their body than men, yet their pain threshold is much higher.
6. Text messages like “Good morning” and “Goodnight” activate the part of the brain that it’s responsible for happiness.
7. Intelligent people tend to have smaller circles of friends compared to average people. The smarter the person is, the more selective they become.
8. Multilingual people tend to unconsciously shift their personalities whenever the switch from one language to another.
9. Traveling more influences and boosts the brain vitality and decreases a person’s risk of having a heart attack or depression.
10. It is possible to die from a broken heart. It is called Stress Cardiomyopathy.
11. The average time a woman can keep a secret is only 47 hours and 15 minutes.
12. The people that give the most valuable pieces of advice are often the ones that struggle with the most problems in life.
13. The happier we are, the less sleep we need.
14. People seem more attractive whenever they talk about a certain topic that they’re passionate about.
15. Our hearts have no link with the feeling of “being in love”. The feeling is manifested as a chemical reaction of the brain.
16. When shy people talk about themselves, they say very little, but they do it in a particular way that makes other people feel like they know them very well.
17. Whenever you cry out of joy, the first tear that comes out is usually from the right eye. Tears of pain come out of the left.
18. Our emotions don’t affect the way we talk. On the contrary, the way we communicate has a strong influence on our mood.
19. People who own a stronger sense of guilt than others are more perceptive and understanding of other people’s emotions and feelings.
20. The person who is last to come to your mind before you fall asleep is either the reason behind your happiness or your pain.
21. Nowadays, the average high school kid expresses the same levels of anxiety as the average psychiatric patient in the 1950s.